CORN WHISKEY RECIPE – HOWTOMOONSHINE
There is nothing like making your own moonshine! This step by step recipe takes you from mash to moonshine.
Provided by: DJ Craftstills
Total time: 242 hours
Prep time: 2 hours
Cook time: 24
|5 lbs of Sugar|
|4 gallons filtered water|
|2 1/2 lbs of coarse ground white cornmeal|
|1 small packet yeast (preferably Distiller’s Yeast)|
|1 gallon of malt (rye, corn or barley)|
- Add 1 gallon of water to the pot and bring it to boil.
- Add cornmeal cook at 165 °F. Don’t forget to stir occasionally.
- Remove the heat and let the cornmeal cool down to 150°F.
- Once cooled to 150 °F, add the remaining water, then mix in the sugar and ground malt.
- Let it cool to 70 °F.
- Transfer mixture into the fermenter and then add yeast or a yeast starter.
- Place the airtight lid on the bucket and insert the airlock.
- Let the mash ferment completely for about a week until no visible activity can be detected in the airlock.
- Strain the mash using the cheesecloth to remove any solids that can burn during the distillation process.
- Distill the wash as normal.
ServingSize 24, Calories