Skip the bakery, and make these easy Air Fryer Apple Fritters at home! Made with just five ingredients, including Pillsbury™ biscuits, these apple pie-stuffed treats make for a quick breakfast or easy dessert. Next time your family is craving a sweet fall dessert after a delicious meal, give fabulous apple fritters in the air fryer a shot.
Provided by: SmallRecipe.com
Total time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
|1/2 cup sugar|
|1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1 cup chopped peeled apple (1 medium)|
|1 can (10.2 oz) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Southern Homestyle Buttermilk Biscuits (5 Count)|
|3 tablespoons butter, melted|
- Cut two 8-inch rounds of cooking parchment paper. Place one round in bottom of air fryer basket. Spray with cooking spray.
- In small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon. In another small bowl, mix chopped apple and 2 tablespoons of the cinnamon-sugar until well mixed.
- Separate dough into 5 biscuits; separate each biscuit into 2 layers. Press each into 4-inch round. Spoon 1 heaping tablespoonful of the apples into center of each round. Gently fold edges up and over filling; pinch to seal. Brush biscuits on all sides with 2 tablespoons of the melted butter.
- Place 5 of the biscuits, seam sides down, on parchment in air fryer basket. Spray both sides of the second parchment round with cooking spray. Top biscuits in basket with second parchment round, then top with remaining 5 biscuits.
- Set to 325°F; cook 8 minutes. Remove top parchment round; using tongs, carefully turn biscuits, and place in basket in single layer. Cook 4 to 6 minutes longer or until cooked through and apples are tender. Brush biscuits with remaining 1 tablespoon melted butter; roll in remaining cinnamon-sugar.
Calories 170 , Carbohydrate 25 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Fat 1 1/2 , Fiber 0 g, Protein 1 g, Saturated Fat 4 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Fritter, Sodium 260 mg, Sugar 13 g, TransFat 0 g