ALOO BEANS RECIPE | POTATO & FRENCH BEANS – VEGECRAVINGS
Aloo Beans is a mildly spiced Indian curry made of stir fried potatoes and green beans. This really simple curry is ready in a jiffy and goes really well with any Indian bread.
Provided by: VegeCravings
Categories: Main Course
Total time: 40 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
|3 Large Potatoes|
|250 gm French Beans|
|1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds (Jeera)|
|1/8 Teaspoon Asafoetida (Heeng)|
|1/3 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi)|
|1/2 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder|
|1 Teaspoon Coriander Powder|
|1/2 Teaspoon Garam Masala|
|1/2 Teaspoon Salt, or to taste|
|1 Tablespoon Oil|
- Heat some oil in a pan or kadai. Add some cumin seeds (jeera) to it. Fry till they start to splutter. Also add a pinch of heeng (asafoetida).
- Add diced potatoes to the pan. Fry them for 3-4 minutes till they start to brown very slightly.
- Now add chopped green beans to the pan.
- Now add turmeric powder (haldi), red chilli powder, coriander powder and salt.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 10-15 minutes till the potatoes and beans are cooked. Then sprinkle garam masala powder on top.
- Mix everything well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Aloo beans is ready. Serve it hot with any Indian bread like roti or on the side of dal rice
Calories 140 kcal, Carbohydrate 25 g, Protein 4 g, Fat 5 g, ServingSize 1 serving
How to make aloo beans Sabzi?
How to make aloo beans sabzi (Step by Step Recipe with Photos): or Jump to Recipe 1) Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat. Once hot add mustard seeds and let them pop. Then add cumin seeds and let them sizzle. 2) Now add chopped beans and potatoes along with salt and spices (turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and red chili powder).
How to make aloo beans curry at home?
To make aloo beans curry at home follow the detailed step by step recipe with photos posted below. Heat some oil in a pan or kadai. Add some Cumin Seeds (Jeera) to it. Fry till they start to splutter. Also add a pinch of Asafoetida. Add diced potatoes to the pan. Fry them for 3-4 minutes till they start to brown very slightly.
What are Aloo beans?
Aloo beans, also known as beans ki sabzi is an Indian stir fry recipe made with French beans and potatoes. This easy Indian-style green beans recipe is vegan and gluten-free. Unlike what’s served in most Indian restaurants, Indian home-cooked meals are very simple and nutritious.
How do you cook aloo beans in Instant Pot?
Serve aloo beans warm or hot. Rinse and chop both potatoes and green beans as needed. I like to chop them into big wedges, you can also dice them. Place the steel insert inside your instant pot and switch it on. Press saute mode and once it displays hot add oil followed by 1 teaspoon cumin seeds. You can also add 1 teaspoon mustard seeds.