This syrup is used to coat each layer of the cake John Baricelli, manager of the prep kitchen at the television studio, made for Martha’s birthday.
Provided by: SmallRecipe.com
Categories: Gluten-Free Recipes
Yield: Makes about 1 1/2 cups
|1/2 cup sugar|
|3 tablespoons almond liqueur, such as Amaretto|
- In a small saucepan, combine 1/2 cup water and the sugar over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring, until sugar has dissolved. Stop stirring, and bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer, and cook until mixture has thickened slightly, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in almond liqueur. Cool syrup to room temperature before using. The syrup can be refrigerated in an airtight container, up to 1 month.
A heavenly way to start the day! Serve this to your Loved one in Bed! That is if their nose doesn’t bring them into the kitchen first!Use the syrup on waffles or even a pork roast!
Total time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4-6 serving(s)
|3 cups flour|
|4 teaspoons baking powder|
|2 teaspoons sugar|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1 teaspoon baking soda|
|2 eggs, room temperature|
|2 1/2 cups buttermilk, room temperature|
|3 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled to room temperature|
|2 large granny smith apples, diced|
|1 -2 teaspoon cinnamon|
|1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom|
|3 tablespoons butter|
|1/2 cup chopped pecans|
|1/8 cup Amaretto|
|1 1/2 cups maple syrup|
|1/2 teaspoon cinnamon|
|1 pinch salt|
|2 cups thinly sliced peeled apples|
- Syrup: Melt butter, add nuts: brown lightly: remove nuts.
- Add maple syrup, cinnamon and salt to butter in saucepan.
- Add Amaretto,& apples cover simmer slowly 10 minutes.
- Remove cover simmer about 3 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat, add nuts.
- Replace cover to keep warm while making pancakes.
- Pancakes: Sift together the dry ingredients.
- Combine eggs, buttermilk and butter.
- Fold into dry ingredients.
- Do not over mix.
- Coat the apples with cinnamon and cardamom and fold into batter.
- Cook on hot lightly greased griddle and serve with warm maple syrup.
Calories 1096, Fat 32.1, Saturated Fat 13.6, Cholesterol 144.9, Sodium 1664.1, Carbohydrate 188.3, Fiber 8.6, Sugar 99.8, Protein 19.9