AMISH SCALLOPED CORN | JUST A PINCH RECIPES
A tasty side to chicken or pork.
Categories: Side Casseroles
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
|2 cup(s) canned corn (drained)|
|1 cup(s) milk|
|2/3 cup(s) cracker crumbs (saltines)|
|1 tablespoon(s) sugar|
|1 teaspoon(s) minced onion|
|– salt and pepper, to taste|
|2 – eggs|
|1/2 cup(s) butter, melted|
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease or butter a casserole dish.
- Mix corn, milk, cracker crumbs, sugar, onion, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Beat eggs and mix with butter. Combine with corn mixture and mix well. Pour into prepared casserole dish.
- Bake 40 minutes.
AMISH SCALLOPED CORN RECIPE – Small Recipe
Make and share this Amish Scalloped Corn recipe from SmallRecipe.com.
Total time: 2 hours
Prep time: 1 hours
Cook time: 1 hours
Yield: 4 serving(s)
|1 (18 ounce) can creamed corn|
|2 eggs, beaten|
|2 tablespoons granulated sugar|
|2 tablespoons butter, softened|
|1 cup milk|
|2 tablespoons cornstarch|
- .Beat eggs until foamy. Add corn and sugar. Warm up milk, do not boil, and add cornstarch until smooth. Add butter until melted. Add to corn mix, slowly. Bake in greased casserole, at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes. Toothpick test.
Calories 265.9, Fat 11.1, Saturated Fat 5.9, Cholesterol 129.6, Sodium 500.1, Carbohydrate 38, Fiber 1.7, Sugar 11, Protein 7.6
OLD-FASHIONED SCALLOPED CORN RECIPE | SmallRecipe
This scalloped corn is a delicious, country-style creamed corn casserole — it’s a family favorite!
Provided by: Cali
Categories: Corn Casserole
Total time: 45 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: 1 8×11-inch casserole
|3 (15 ounce) cans cream-style corn|
|1 cup crushed saltine crackers, divided|
|½ cup butter, melted, divided|
|2 large eggs|
|½ teaspoon paprika|
|¼ teaspoon ground black pepper|
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter an 8x11x2-inch casserole dish.
- Combine creamed corn, 1/2 cup cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup melted butter, and eggs in a large bowl; mix well. Pour mixture into the prepared dish.
- Mix remaining 1/2 cup cracker crumbs and remaining 1/4 cup melted butter with paprika and pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle crumb topping over casserole.
- Bake in the preheated oven until topping browns slightly and filling bubbles along edges, 30 to 40 minutes.
Calories 230.2 calories, Carbohydrate 31.4 g, Cholesterol 61.6 mg, Fat 11.6 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 4.5 g, Saturated Fat 6.4 g, Sodium 566.6 mg, Sugar 4.8 g
How to cook Scalloped Corn in the oven?
Creamy, cheesy, and sprinkled with a crunchy topping, Scalloped Corn is the ultimate side dish for a holiday dinner! Preheat oven to 375°F. In an oven-safe dish, beat eggs and add both cans of corn. Crumble the crackers into corn mixture, add milk, cheese, Challenge Butter, salt, & pepper.
What is in a Scalloped Corn Casserole?
In this scalloped corn dish, corn is combined with Challenge Butter, evaporated milk, eggs, and cheddar cheese to make a delicious custard style casserole. It’s all topped off with a delicious crispy topping made with crushed crackers.
How do you make cream style corn on the cob?
Beat eggs slightly in a large bowl; stir in kernel corn and 1/4 cup reserved liquid. Add cream style corn, evaporated milk, melted butter, onion, salt and pepper. Stir well. Fold in crackers and cheese.
How do you make cream style corn chips?
Grease a 2 1/2 quart baking dish and preheat oven to 325°F. Drain liquid from whole kernel corn and reserve. Beat eggs slightly in a large bowl; stir in kernel corn and 1/4 cup reserved liquid. Add cream style corn, evaporated milk, melted butter, onion, salt and pepper. Stir well.