The Barefoot Contessa sirloin tip roast recipe has been the star in almost all celebrations in my home
Provided by: Grace
Categories: Main Course
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
|½ teaspoon Thyme|
|½ teaspoon Oregano|
|½ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper|
|1 teaspoon Onion Powder|
|1 teaspoon Garlic Powder|
|¼ tablespoon Paprika|
|1 Melted Butter|
|4 cloves Garlic (optional)|
|1 teaspoon Black Pepper|
|½ tablespoon Salt|
|1 Sirloin Tip Roast|
- In a bowl, mix all the spices well, and then add one stick of melted butter to make a paste. Give it a nice stir, then set aside.
- Place your sirloin tip roast in your baking tray. Take your butcher’s twine and tie up your cut tight.
- Rub the spice paste evenly on the pot roast with your hands.
- Allow your roast to sit at room temperature for about 6-8 hours. This will help with the marinating and allow your cut to cook evenly.
- At this point, you’re going to preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook for about 1-1½ hours.
- Remove the roast from the oven, and don’t forget to cut off the twine.
- Let it sit for 10-15 minutes before slicing it into thin slices
Calories 459 kcal, Carbohydrate 5 g, Protein 89 g, Fat 7 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, TransFat 1 g, Cholesterol 238 mg, Sodium 1942 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 1 g, UnsaturatedFat 4 g, ServingSize 1 serving
Sirloin tip roasts are excellent for those on a budget, as they’re typically less expensive than higher-quality roasts. You can use them in a variety of dishes, including slow-cooked beef roast and grilled beef roast. The meat is tender and low in fat when cooked correctly.
Provided by: Lindsay G. Cabral
Total time: 1 hours 40 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours 30 minutes
|Sirloin tip roast 1 piece (3-4 lbs)|
|Olive oil 2 tbsp|
|Chopped Garlic 2 tbsp|
|Fresh cracked pepper 1 tbsp|
|Rosemary 1 tbsp|
|Onion powder 1 tbsp|
|Thym 1 tbsp|
|Sage 1 tbsp|
- Preheat The Oven: Preheat the oven at 450 degree fahrenheit for 15 minutes. Let the roast come to room temperature.
- Mix The Spices: Take a small bowl and add olive oil, rosemary, thym, sage, black pepper, salt, onion powder. Mix it gently with a spoon.
- Rub The Roast With Spices: Cut small pockets in the roast and fill it with chopped garlic. Rub the roast gently with the fresh made spices mix.
- Time For Roast Baking: Now time for baking the sirloin tip roast. Take a roasting pan and put a wire rack on it. Place the roast with the fat side up. Turn the oven on, roast for 15 minutes at 450 degrees. Then reduce the temperature to 325 degrees For medium rare roast for 1.5 hours.
- Rest The Roast: After the roast is done take out from the oven and cover it with aluminum foil for 10 minutes.
- Serve The Sirloin Tip Roast: Slice into pieces. Your tender and juicy sirloin tip roast is ready to serve.
Calories 170 cal
This is a detailed recipe on how to cook a sirloin tip roast. The most important thing to remember is to not overcook it or it will be tough. Very tasty served with garlic mashed potatoes and gravy.
Total time: 1 hours 15 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours
Yield: 4 serving(s)
|2 1/4 lbs sirloin tip roast|
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper|
|1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped fine|
|1 large garlic clove, minced|
- Remove roast from refrigerator one hour before serving to bring meat to room temperature for more even cooking.
- Mix together rest of ingredients and rub over roast.
- Let set for one half hour.
- Preheat oven to 325°, place roast in pan and place on upper oven rack.
- Cook for 25 minutes per lb for medium or approximately 50 to 60 minutes.
- Use a meat thermometer to check doneness – should read 140° for medium.
- Remove from oven, cover with foil to keep warm and let rest for 15 minutes before carving.
Calories 32.2, Fat 3.4, Saturated Fat 0.5, Cholesterol 0, Sodium 291.5, Carbohydrate 0.5, Fiber 0.1, Sugar 0, Protein 0.1