SLOW ROASTED RABBIT RECIPE | Small Recipe
Learn how to cook rabbit with this recipe that’s great for dinner, served with rice and homemade bread.
Provided by: Jane T
Categories: Rabbit Recipes
Total time: 1 hours 55 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours 35 minutes
|1 (3 pound) rabbit, cleaned and cut into pieces|
|1 tablespoon ground black pepper|
|1 ¾ teaspoons salt|
|¼ cup vegetable oil|
|1 onion, chopped|
|1 cup water|
|¾ cup ketchup|
|1 ½ tablespoons Worcestershire sauce|
|4 teaspoons white sugar|
|1 tablespoon paprika|
|1 clove garlic, chopped|
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Season rabbit pieces with pepper and salt.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add rabbit; cook in hot oil until brown on all sides. Place in a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Combine onion, water, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, paprika, and garlic in a medium bowl; mix well, then pour over rabbit.
- Bake uncovered in the preheated oven, basting frequently, until very tender, about 90 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the meat nearest the bone should read at least 160 degrees F (72 degrees C).
Calories 625.9 calories, Carbohydrate 21.5 g, Cholesterol 174.7 mg, Fat 31.2 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 63.5 g, Saturated Fat 7.3 g, Sodium 1683.8 mg, Sugar 16.4 g
RABBIT RECIPES | Small Recipe
Cook rabbit in a range of comforting dishes. This rich game meat is delicious when slow-cooked in stews, roasted or served in pies and pasta ragu.
Provided by: Small Recipe