BLACKBERRY-APPLE UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
If using frozen berries, add them straight from the freezer so they hold their shape.
Provided by: MyRecipes
Total time: 1 hours 15 minutes
Yield: Makes 8 servings
|¾ cup butter, softened and divided|
|½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar|
|¼ cup honey|
|2 large Gala apples, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices|
|1 cup fresh or frozen blackberries*|
|1 cup granulated sugar|
|2 large eggs|
|1 ½ cups all-purpose flour|
|1 teaspoon baking powder|
|½ cup milk|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
- Preheat oven to 350°. Melt 1/4 cup butter in a lightly greased 9-inch round cake pan (with sides that are at least 2 inches high) over low heat. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with brown sugar; drizzle honey over brown sugar. Arrange apple slices in concentric circles over brown sugar mixture, overlapping as needed; sprinkle with blackberries.
- Beat granulated sugar and remaining 1/2 cup butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition.
- Stir together flour and baking powder. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Spoon batter over blackberries in pan.
- Bake at 350° for 45 to 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of cake to loosen. Invert cake onto a serving plate, spooning any topping in pan over cake.
- *1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries may be substituted.
APPLE AND BLACKBERRY RECIPES | Small Recipe
Make the most of a seasonal bounty with these delicious apple and blackberry recipes. Combine these fruits in crumbles, cakes, pies and more.
Provided by: Alice Johnston
How to cook apples and blackberries in a pan?
In a large pan, set over medium-high heat, simmer the apples with the lemon juice and water until soft. Add the sugar and blackberries to the cooked apples. Remove from the heat and add the butter. Leave to cool.
How do you make the perfect apple and BlackBerry Apple cake?
Meanwhile, peel, core and thickly slice the apples and sprinkle with lemon juice. Heat the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat and add the apples, two tablespoons of the sugar and the alcohol, if using, then fry for about five minutes, until they’ve started to soften. Add the blackberries, turn off the heat and leave to cool completely.
What can you make with Apple and BlackBerry?
Make the most of a seasonal bounty with these delicious apple and blackberry recipes. Combine these fruits in crumbles, cakes, pies and more. A star rating of 4.7 out of 5.
How do you make an apple and blackberry pie?
Add the sugar and blackberries to the cooked apples. Remove from the heat and add the butter. Leave to cool. Roll out half the pastry and line a 7-inch/13-centimeter pie dish . Put the cooled, cooked apple and blackberry mixture into the pastry-lined pie dish. Roll out the remaining pastry to make a top for the pie.