This blueberry buckle recipe comes from my grandmother, but we added the apples and it makes this dessert absolutely amazing!
Provided by: SmallRecipe.com
Total time: 1 hours 10 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Yield: 1 9×13-inch dish
|3 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced|
|1 ½ cups white sugar, divided|
|2 tablespoons ground cinnamon|
|2 tablespoons lemon juice|
|1 teaspoon ground nutmeg|
|¼ cup butter, softened|
|2 cups all-purpose flour|
|2 teaspoons baking powder|
|¼ teaspoon salt|
|½ cup milk|
|2 cups fresh blueberries|
|⅔ cup white sugar|
|½ cup all-purpose flour|
|1 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|⅓ cup cold butter|
- Prepare fruit filling: Place apples in a large bowl and toss with 3/4 cup sugar, cinnamon, lemon juice, and nutmeg. Cover and place in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Beat remaining 3/4 cup sugar and butter in a large bowl until creamy; beat in egg.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt together in a small bowl. Stir flour mixture into butter mixture, alternating with milk, until fully incorporated. Fold in blueberries.
- Arrange apples in a single layer in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Pour blueberry batter over top.
- Prepare topping: Mix sugar, flour, and cinnamon together in a bowl; cut in cold butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the buckle comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Calories 308.7 calories, Carbohydrate 58.3 g, Cholesterol 21 mg, Fat 8.2 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 3 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Sodium 163.7 mg
What is the best apple and blueberry cake recipe?
Top with blueberries. Mix brown sugar and 2 tablespoons flour; sprinkle over fruit. Combine sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and remaining flour. Stir in egg with a fork until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit; drizzle with butter. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm.
How to make a blueberry apple pie?
Meanwhile, for the filling: In a large bowl, add the blueberries, apples, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Stir to combine and set aside. Remove the dough from the refrigerator and place on a lightly floured surface. Gently roll the disc into a circle big enough to fit into the pie pan and leave a 3-inch overhang.
How do you make apple and blueberry muffins?
Place apples in a greased 11×7-in. baking dish. Top with blueberries. Mix brown sugar and 2 tablespoons flour; sprinkle over fruit. Combine sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and remaining flour. Stir in egg with a fork until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit; drizzle with butter.
How do you cook apples and blueberries together?
Place the peeled and sliced apple into a medium saucepan along with the rest of the filling ingredients (except for the blueberries). Bring to a low simmer until the apples have just softened, then drain the excess liquid. Add the apples to a baking dish and sprinkle the blueberries on top.