|3 ¼ cups low sodium chicken broth|
|2 teaspoons dried oregano|
|1 teaspoon paprika|
|½ teaspoon garlic powder|
|½ teaspoon onion powder|
|½ teaspoon salt|
|½ teaspoon black pepper|
|1 ½ cups long grain brown rice, such as brown basmati (rinsed (see notes for white rice instructions))|
|1 ½ pounds bone-in chicken thighs (skin removed)|
|2 teaspoons olive oil|
|¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)|
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Bring chicken broth to a boil on the stove, or heat in the microwave until hot.
- Meanwhile, stir together the oregano, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Put the rinsed long-grain rice in a 9×13-inch baking dish. Add 1 ½ teaspoons of the seasoning mix. Pour the hot chicken broth over the rice and stir to combine.
- Cover the dish tightly with foil. Bake for 30 minutes, covered.
- Meanwhile, rub the chicken thighs with the 2 teaspoons olive oil (be sure to remove the skin from the chicken first). Sprinkle chicken with the remaining spice mixture and rub it into the chicken.
- After the rice has baked for 30 minutes, carefully remove the dish from the oven. Being careful as the dish is very hot, place the chicken on top of the rice. Cover the dish tightly with the foil and, using potholders or oven mitts, return the covered dish to the oven. Continue baking for 40 minutes covered.
- Uncover the dish and sprinkle on the Parmesan cheese. Bake for 10-15 minutes more, until the rice is tender and the chicken is cooked through to at least 165°F.
- Let casserole rest at room temperature for 5 minutes and then serve.
ServingSize 1 /4 recipe, Calories 655 kcal, Carbohydrate 58 g, Protein 36 g, Fat 31 g, Saturated Fat 9 g, Cholesterol 147 mg, Sodium 561 mg, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 1 g
Enjoy this creamy chicken casserole baked with chicken thighs, broccoli and angel hair pasta. The bacon sprinkled on top adds to the “yum” factor!
Provided by: SmallRecipe.com
Total time: 1 hours 5 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
|1 tablespoon oil|
|4 boneless skinless chicken thighs|
|1/2 teaspoon garlic salt|
|1/4 teaspoon pepper|
|6 oz uncooked angel hair pasta|
|1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup|
|1 1/4 cups half-and-half|
|1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika|
|2 cups frozen broccoli florets, cut into smaller pieces|
|3 slices precooked bacon, crumbled|
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 2 1/2-quart casserole with cooking spray. In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken thighs; sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper. Cook chicken 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until golden brown and juice of chicken is clear when thickest part is cut (at least 165°F).
- Cook pasta as directed on package; drain. In large bowl, mix soup, half-and-half and paprika; reserve 3/4 cup sauce. Stir in cooked pasta and frozen broccoli.
- Place pasta mixture in casserole; top with chicken thighs. Spoon reserved sauce over chicken thighs. Top with bacon. Cover and bake 20 minutes; uncover and bake 10 to 15 minutes or until sauce bubbles.
Calories 570 , Carbohydrate 49 g, Cholesterol 105 mg, Fat 3 , Fiber 4 g, Protein 35 g, Saturated Fat 10 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 880 mg, Sugar 2 g, TransFat 1/2 g