Boursin-style cheese can easily be made at home. Not just more economical, but fresher and tastier. Rub all the dried herbs used between your fingers before adding.
Total time: 10 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Yield: 3 cups (approximately)
|2 garlic cloves|
|8 ounces butter, at room temperature|
|16 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature|
|3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (the real stuff, and freshly-grated)|
|1 tablespoon fresh dill, minced or 1 teaspoon dried dill weed, crumbled|
|1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram|
|1/2 teaspoon basil|
|1/2 teaspoon chives|
|1/2 teaspoon black pepper|
|1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled|
|2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley|
- Have cheeses and butter at room temperature.
- Crush garlic.
- Mix cheeses, butter and garlic.
- Add remaining ingredients, mix well.
- Pack into a container just large enough to hold the boursin and store in refrigerator.
- To serve, bring to room temperature.
- Serve with crackers.
Calories 1087.3, Fat 114.7, Saturated Fat 68.9, Cholesterol 333.6, Sodium 1104.6, Carbohydrate 7.6, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 5, Protein 11.8