Don’t think this recipe is very difficult and complicated. Rather it makes you quite hassle-free. It is even better to make it at home than go to any restaurants. These are super easy steps with making soft dough, cutting biscuits, and baking in the oven. It needs to cook for almost 1 hour. 10 to 12 minutes for baking and left minutes for preparing the dough. You can also add some natural herbs and sweets like honey. But to get an authentic Brenda Gantt biscuit I suggest you follow my total steps one by one. It will satisfy you more than any.
Provided by: SmallRecipe.com
Total time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
|All-purpose / White Lily self-rising flour- 3 cups.|
|Crisco/ Butter- 2 cups.|
|Salt- 1 tsp (as per taste).|
|Granulated sugar- 2 /3 tsp.|
|Butter flavored shortening / Frozen unsalted butter- 1 cup.|
|Baking powder- 1/2 tsp.|
|Buttermilk / whole milk- 2 cups.|
|Butter- 3 tsp.|
|Honey- 4 tsp.|
|Pastry blender/ a fork|
|Cast iron griddle|
|A large bowl|
- Grease your pan: Take a cast iron black griddle and grease its inside surface by putting some butter or Crisco all over the pan. It keeps the bottom sides of biscuits remain soft and light after the baking of biscuits.
- Set the flours: Take a large bowl. Pour 3 cups of all-purpose flours or white Lily self-rising flours. Salt them with 1 tsp. And create a middle hole into the flour, like a bird’s nest. Press the flour rounds using your hand palm.
- Pour 2 cups of milk: Now, pour 2 cups of buttermilk into the flour hole. You can also use the whole milk instead. Add 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Add some Crisco: Now, add some Crisco into it. It’s about the size of two small eggs. Put it there now. You can add sour cream if you can’t manage Crisco. It’s a pretty substitute as well.
- Start squashing it: Now, involve Your hands and start squashing them roundly. From bottom to top keep smashing the flour, Crisco, and milk together. Make sure, no lumps are left. Make a soft dough.
- Dry your hand properly: Use two fingers of your other hand. And clean your messy hands by pulling the sticky dough off your hands. Now, wash both hands and dry them with some sprinkles of flour. It Won’t be sticky anymore.
- Ready the biscuit dough: Now, you have to spread some dry flour onto the clean surface and throw out the dough in it. Press the dough with the palm of your hands and mash them down. Give it a bread patty shape of 3 or inches thick. Now the biscuits dough is ready to cut.
- Cut the biscuit dough: Here, you go for cutting the dough into the biscuits. Use a pastry cutter and cut the dough by your desired shape. I made its rounds.
- Bring them to bake: Place the biscuits into the greased pan and preheat your oven to 450 degrees. The faster you bake the biscuits, the softer and moisture the biscuits. Don’t bake slowly, it gets dry then.
- Before serving: Before serving, remove the biscuits two times from the oven. Grease them with buttermilk and honey. Then bring them back to the oven. And thus, it will be baked for around 10 minutes. Then transfer them to a plate and have them with tea.
Calories 100 cal