CUCUMBER CANAPES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
I always get requests for the recipe for these canapes whenever I serve them. They’re delicate finger sandwiches with a creamy herb spread and festive red and green garnishes. —Nadine Whittaker, South Plymouth, Massachusetts
Provided by: Taste of Home
Total time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Yield: 2 dozen.
|1 cup mayonnaise|
|3 ounces cream cheese, softened|
|1 tablespoon grated onion|
|1 tablespoon minced chives|
|1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar|
|1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce|
|1 garlic clove, minced|
|1/4 teaspoon paprika|
|1/8 teaspoon curry powder|
|1/8 teaspoon each dried oregano, thyme, basil, parsley flakes and dill weed|
|1 loaf (1 pound) white or rye bread|
|2 medium cucumbers, scored and thinly sliced|
|Diced pimientos and additional dill weed|
- In a blender or food processor, combine the mayonnaise, cream cheese, onion, chives, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and seasonings. Cover and process until blended. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours. , Using a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter, cut out circles from bread slices. Spread mayonnaise mixture over bread; top with cucumber slices. Garnish with pimientos and dill.
Calories 120 calories, Fat 9g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 7mg cholesterol, Sodium 134mg sodium, Carbohydrate 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
CANAPÉ RECIPES | Small Recipe
Sweet and savoury finger food recipes to get your party started. These easy canapés are crowd-pleasing bites everyone will love.
Provided by: Small Recipe
21+ EASY CANAPÉS RECIPES – THE KITCHEN COMMUNITY
These recipes are sure to please. So, gather your family and friends and enjoy. Let us know your thoughts!
Provided by: Cassie Marshall
Total time: 24 minutes
|1 loaf of bread (baguette)|
|2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil|
|1/2 cup cream|
|8 ounces softened goat cheese|
|1 cup chopped walnuts|
|Dash of kosher salt|
|1/3 cup organic honey|
- Slice the baguette and drizzle with olive oil on both sides.
- Bake for 4 minutes at 400°F.
- Flip them over and bake for 3 more minutes.
- Mix together the other ingredients and top the baguettes with the mixture.
Calories 165 kcal, ServingSize 1 serving
17 PRETTY CANAPÉ RECIPES FOR LAST-MINUTE HOLIDAY PARTIES – BRIT + CO
Provided by: Maggie McCracken