The best Capellini Pomodoro pasta bowl of all times. An easy, light and zesty Italian sauce made with fresh tomatoes and basil. This simple, meatless, dairy free recipe is the absolute perfect weeknight dinner.
Provided by: SmallRecipe.com
Categories: Main Meal
Total time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
|4 cups cherry tomatoes halved ((mixed colors))|
|1/3 cup fresh basil (thinly sliced)|
|7 cloves garlic (grated)|
|4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil + more as needed|
|1 lemon (juiced)|
|1 pinch red chili flakes (optional)|
|3/4 lb capellini or angel hair pasta|
|sea salt + black pepper to taste|
- Preheat a large skillet over medium low heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil and cook the garlic for about 30 seconds or so, just until it starts to release its aroma. Take good care not to burn it.
- Add the chili flakes and sliced tomatoes to the pan and hit them with a pinch of sea salt. Stir to combine. Cover with a lid and let them simmer until they start to burst and collapse. (a couple of minutes)
- Squeeze the lemon over the tomato sauce and remove from heat. Season to taste with sea salt and stir in the fresh basil and remaining olive oil.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta until al dente according to directions on the package. Make sure the pasta water is seasoned generously with sea salt and you do not overcook the noodles. Depending on the brand the capellini could be done as soon as it collapses in the water so make sure to test one right away.
- Transfer the al dente cooked capellini directly into the pan with the cherry tomato sauce. Using kitchen tongs make sure to coat them well but taking good care not to break them. Add some of the pasta cooking water to stretch out the sauce if need be.
- Serve with extra fresh basil on top and lemon wedges on the side.
Calories 474 kcal, Carbohydrate 71 g, Protein 13 g, Fat 15 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Sodium 23 mg, Fiber 4 g, Sugar 6 g, UnsaturatedFat 12 g, ServingSize 1 serving