AWESOME BROCCOLI-CHEESE CASSEROLE RECIPE | SmallRecipe
My mom used to make this easy recipe every Thanksgiving when I was little. We kids could never get enough! It was our very favorite Thanksgiving vegetable. If you have children, or have some coming to visit you as guests this Thanksgiving, I guarantee that they will eat (and enjoy) this veggie dish! Even though I rarely cook with canned condensed soups, I still make this yummy broccoli casserole during the holiday season. It’s fabulous with a Christmas ham and potatoes au gratin too. Mmmmmmm!
Provided by: Stacy M Polcyn
Categories: Broccoli Casserole
Total time: 1 hours 15 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours 0 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
|1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup|
|1 cup mayonnaise|
|1 egg, beaten|
|¼ cup onions, chopped|
|3 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli|
|8 ounces shredded sharp Cheddar cheese|
|salt and pepper to taste|
|1 dash paprika|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together condensed soup, mayonnaise, egg and onions.
- Place frozen broccoli into a very large mixing bowl. (I like to use my large stainless steel bowl to mix this recipe thoroughly.) Break up the frozen broccoli. Using a rubber spatula, scrape soup-mayonnaise mixture on top of broccoli, and mix well. Sprinkle on cheese, and mix well. Spread mixture into prepared baking dish, and smooth top of casserole. Season with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Calories 386.7 calories, Carbohydrate 9.4 g, Cholesterol 63.5 mg, Fat 34.1 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 11.3 g, Saturated Fat 10 g, Sodium 618.7 mg, Sugar 2.5 g
CHEESY CHEDDAR BROCCOLI CASSEROLE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Even people who don’t like broccoli beg me to make this comforting broccoli cheese casserole recipe. It’s similar to a classic green bean casserole, but the melted cheese just puts it over the top. —Elaine Hubbard, Pocono Lake, Pennsylvania
Provided by: Taste of Home
Categories: Side Dishes
Total time: 50 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Yield: 8 servings.
|1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted|
|1 cup sour cream|
|1-1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided|
|1 can (6 ounces) french-fried onions, divided|
|2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen broccoli florets, thawed|
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large saucepan, combine soup, sour cream, 1 cup cheese and 1-1/4 cups onions; heat through over medium heat, stirring until blended, 4-5 minutes. Stir in broccoli. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish., Bake, uncovered, until bubbly, 25-30 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and onions. Bake until cheese is melted, 10-15 minutes.
Calories 359 calories, Fat 26g fat (11g saturated fat), Cholesterol 30mg cholesterol, Sodium 641mg sodium, Carbohydrate 19g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 8g protein.