The most popular and notorious cocktail at this 157-unit casual chain is the pumped-up piña colada-style drink served in a heavy 18-ounce schooner with a rim of toasted coconut. The menu warns customers that they are allowed only two of these cocktails since each is made with a supersized 2-ounce shot of Pusser’s rum.Pusser’s Rum is the best choice here if you want a perfect clone of Cheddar’s Painkiller, but you can certainly make this drink with your choice of any good gold rum. But watch out. At home, there’s no 2-drink limit. And these are so good that you might forget how many you’ve downed! Now, how about some Cheddar’s incredible Santa Fe Spinach Dip?
Provided by: Todd Wilbur
Total time: 13 minutes0S
Prep time: 6 minutes0S
Cook time: 6 minutes0S
|1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut|
|1/4 cup simple syrup (bottled or homemade; see Tidbits)|
|2 ounces Pusser’s rum (Original Admiralty Blend)|
|2 1/2 ounces pina colada mix|
|3 ounces pineapple juice|
|1 1/2 ounces orange juice|
|Dash of nutmeg|
|Maraschino cherry (with stem)|
|Wedge of fresh pineapple|
Make and share this Painkiller recipe from SmallRecipe.com.
Total time: 5 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 serving(s)
|2 ounces pusser’s dark rum|
|1 ounce cream of coconut|
|4 ounces pineapple juice|
|1 ounce orange juice|
- Shake or stir ingredients, and pour over ice in a tall glass. Sprinkle nutmeg on top, and serve,.
Calories 306.3, Fat 4.8, Saturated Fat 4.4, Cholesterol 0, Sodium 13.4, Carbohydrate 32.9, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 28.5, Protein 0.9
Follow this Cheddar’s Painkiller Cocktail Recipe ingredients and directions and make a perfect Painkiller Cocktail like Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen.
Provided by: Animash Rozario
Total time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
|2/3 cup Coconut, Shredded|
|1/3 cup Simple Syrup|
|2 oz Pusser’s Rum|
|2 oz Pina Colada Mix|
|2 oz Orange Juice|
|3 oz Pineapple Juice|
|Dash Of Nutmeg|
|Fresh Pineapple Wedge|
- Create the syrup simply by mixing 1 cup of water and one cup of sugar and putting it in a pot at a medium temperature. Once the solution starts to boil, turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Turn on the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. On an oven-safe baking sheet, divide up the coconut and bake for about 8 minutes. Stir it once after a few minutes until the coconut is a good golden brown. Allow it to cool, then transfer it to a plate that is slightly larger than the glass’s rim.
- Simple syrup is poured onto another plate. Then, invert an 18-ounce schooner onto the syrup in a way that the glass’s rim is coated. Rim the schooner into the toasted coconut to coat the entire rim of the glass.
- Add a little ice to a cocktail shaker, and fill the schooner with ice
- In the cocktail shaker, add the rum, pina colada mix, and juices. After 15 seconds of vigorous shaking, strain the beverage into a schooner glass.
- Sprinkle a bit of nutmeg onto the cocktail, and then make use of a toothpick to secure your cherry onto of a fresh wedge of pineapple.
- Cut a slit halfway across one side of the wedge of pineapple and place it on the glass’s rim (Watch The Recipe Video Below).
ServingSize 10 oz, Calories 269 kcal, Fat 2.4 g, Saturated Fat 1.9 g, Sodium 23 mg, Carbohydrate 24.7 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Sugar 13.3 g, Protein 0.9 g