CHEX CHRISTMAS MIX (AKA CHRISTMAS CRACK)
The holidays are upon us and that means it’s time to get festive! One of the best ways to do that is by whipping up a batch of Christmas Chex Mix. This sweet and salty snack is perfect for munching on while you’re wrapping presents, watching holiday movies, or just enjoying some quality family time.
Provided by: Smallrecipe
Total time: 10 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
|3 cups Cheerios|
|3 cups Rice Chex|
|3 cups Wheat Chex|
|2 cups Corn Chex|
|1 cups Pretzel Sticks|
|2-3 cups m&m’s|
|24 oz White Chocolate (plus an extra 4-8 oz if needed)|
- In a large bowl combine the Cheerios, Chex, Pretzels and m&m’s. Mix them up a bit, making sure that everything is evenly distributed.
- Meanwhile, over a double boiler, melt the white chocolate according to the directions on the package.
- Once the chocolate has melted and is a smooth consistency, drizzle the chocolate over the cereal mix and combine with a wooden spoon or hands. Make sure all the cereal is covered in chocolate. If you need to melt the extra white chocolate to cover all the mix then go right on ahead!
- Once the entire batch has been combined, lay it out to dry on a large sheet of parchment or wax paper. Let dry for 1 hour so the chocolate is cooled and hard. Break it up into medium pieces and store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
CHRISTMAS CHEX™ PARTY MIX RECIPE
A sweet holiday snack mix finished with a dusting of powdered sugar inspired by a winter snow day. Chex™ cereal, marshmallows, and pretzel twists are coated in vanilla almond bark and sprinkles and tossed with holiday-colored chocolate candies.
Provided by: Smallrecipe
Total time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
|6 cups Rice Chex™ or Corn Chex™ cereal|
|2 cups miniature marshmallows (from 10.5-oz bag)|
|1 cup mini pretzel twists (from 16-oz bag)|
|15 oz vanilla candy coating (almond bark) (about 9 cubes from 20-oz package)|
|3 tablespoons holiday-colored sprinkles or nonpareils|
|1/4 cup powdered sugar|
|1 cup holiday-colored candy-coated chocolate candies|
- Line large rimmed cookie sheet with waxed paper. In large bowl, mix cereal, marshmallows and pretzels.
- In medium microwavable bowl, microwave candy coating uncovered on High 60 to 90 seconds, stirring after 1 minute, until almost melted. Stir until smooth. Pour onto cereal mixture; mix well.
- Spread on cookie sheet; sprinkle with holiday sprinkles, and cool completely, about 15 minutes. Break into bite-size pieces.
- In 2-quart resealable food-storage plastic bag, add coated cereal pieces and powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake to coat. Remove from bag; discard any remaining powdered sugar.
- In large serving bowl, mix coated cereal mixture and chocolate candies.
Calories 190 , Carbohydrate 27 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fat 2 , Fiber 0 g, Protein 1 g, Saturated Fat 7 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 100 mg, Sugar 19 g, TransFat 0 g
- Choose peanut M&Ms rather than regular, or a mixture of the two.
- Add peanuts for even more intense flavor. Instead of pretzel sticks, use mini pretzels.
- Add in some holiday sprinkles to make it even more festive. Sometimes I also add in some mini marshmallows if we have them on hand.
- Add different colors of M&Ms to commemorate different holidays.
When it comes to storing your Chex Mix, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, make sure the mix is completely cooled before storing. Otherwise, the condensation can make the mix soggy. Secondly, store the mix in an airtight container. This will help keep the mix crisp and prevent it from absorbing any unwanted flavors or odors. Lastly, if you want to keep the mix extra fresh, you can store it in the freezer for up to 6 months. Just be sure to thaw it out completely before enjoying it.
These Chex Mix recipes are the perfect way to add a little something extra to your Christmas celebrations. They are easy to make and can be enjoyed by the whole family. Whether you’re looking for a sweet treat or a savory snack, there’s a recipe here that will fit the bill. So get cooking and enjoy the holiday season!