EL TORITO SWEET CORN CAKE RECIPE – Small Recipe
Make and share this El Torito Sweet Corn Cake recipe from SmallRecipe.com.
Total time: 50 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Yield: 8 serving(s)
|1 (7 1/2 ounce) package sweet cornbread mix|
|1/4 cup butter, melted|
|1/4 cup water|
|1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn|
- In bowl, combine corn cake mix with melted butter. Add water and can of cream style corn. Mix until ingredients are combined.
- Pour mixture into a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until liquid has been absorbed.
- Use an ice cream scoop to serve sweet corn cake as a side dish or for dessert.
Calories 200.5, Fat 9.2, Saturated Fat 4.5, Cholesterol 15.8, Sodium 420, Carbohydrate 28.1, Fiber 2.4, Sugar 7.1, Protein 2.9
SWEET CORN CAKES RECIPE | SmallRecipe
This tender and delicious cornbread cake can be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner. To serve, scoop out each portion with an ice cream scoop or rounded spoon.
Provided by: Sue Cohagen Myers
Total time: 1 hours 15 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours 0 minutes
Yield: 1 – 8×8 inch pan
|½ cup butter, softened|
|⅓ cup masa harina|
|¼ cup water|
|1 ½ cups frozen corn kernels, thawed|
|¼ cup cornmeal|
|⅓ cup white sugar|
|2 tablespoons heavy cream|
|¼ teaspoon salt|
|½ teaspoon baking powder|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer until creamy. Beat in the masa harina and water until well combined.
- Put the corn in a blender or food processor and coarsely chop on low speed. Stir the corn and the cornmeal into the butter mixture. In another bowl, mix together the sugar, cream, salt and baking powder. Combine the two mixtures until well blended. Pour the batter into an ungreased 8×8 pan.
- Cover the pan with foil and place into a 9×13 inch pan filled 3/4 inch high with hot water. Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the cake comes out clean. Remove small pan from water and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Calories 207.2 calories, Carbohydrate 21.9 g, Cholesterol 35.6 mg, Fat 13.4 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 1.9 g, Saturated Fat 8.2 g, Sodium 179.7 mg, Sugar 9.4 g
EL TORITO’S SWEET CORN CAKES | JUST A PINCH RECIPES
El Torito Mexican restaurant serves this popular casserole as a side dish with grilled chicken or meat.
You can add less or more sugar to suit your own taste.
Authentic and delicious!
Provided by: Martha Price @karenella1
Categories: Other Side Dishes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
|2 tablespoon(s) lard (best not to substitute)|
|1/4 cup(s) butter|
|1/2 cup(s) masa|
|3 tablespoon(s) cold water|
|10 ounce(s) frozen corn kernels|
|3 tablespoon(s) cornmeal|
|1/4 cup(s) sugar|
|2 tablespoon(s) whipping cream|
|1/4 teaspoon(s) baking powder|
|1/4 teaspoon(s) salt|
- Whip lard and butter with mixer and whip until butter softens. Continue whipping until mixture becomes fluffy and creamy. Add masa gradually and mix until thoroughly incorporated. Add water gradually, mixing thoroughly.
- Place corn kernels in blender and blend until coarsely chopped. Stir into masa mixture.
- Place cornmeal, sugar, whipping cream, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl. Mix quickly. Add butter/masa mixture. Mix just until blended.
- Pour into buttered 8-inch square baking pan. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees 40 to 50 minutes or until corn cake has firm texture. Allow to stand at room temperature 15 minutes before cutting. Cut into squares or use a small ice cream scoop to portion servings.
EL TORITO CORN CAKE RECIPE
Corn cakes give healthy vibes in one scoop, and you can munch on them often. They are a sweet, moist, scoop-able corn flavor with a Mexican twist spiciness.
Provided by: Grace
Total time: 24 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
|½ cup cornflour|
|1.2 cup cornmeal|
|2 cups fresh|
|¼ cup sugar|
|¼ cup water|
|3 tbsp. Milk|
|½ tbsp. Baking powder|
|½ cup butter|
|¼ tsp. salt|
- Preheat the oven to 3500F
- Beat the butter in a large bowl until creamy.
- Add in the cornflour and water, and whisk until well combined.
- Then set aside.
- Pound the corn in the food processor until it’s chunky.
- Pour it into the butter mixture and whisk.
- In a separate large bowl, whip together sugar, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt.
- Add in milk and stir thoroughly to combine.
- Mix the cornmeal mixture and the butter mixture and stir until incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into an ungreased baking pan.
- Place the baking pan into a baking dish with water.
- Cover the corn cake with foil.
- Place on the middle rack of the oven and bake for about an hour.
- Let cool for 10 -15 minutes.
- To serve, scoop each rich piece with an ice cream scoop.
Calories 415 kcal, Carbohydrate 53 g, Protein 5 g, Fat 21 g, Saturated Fat 12 g, TransFat 1 g, Cholesterol 50 mg, Sodium 410 mg, Fiber 5 g, Sugar 11 g, UnsaturatedFat 8 g, ServingSize 1 serving