CORN WHISKEY RECIPE – HOWTOMOONSHINE
There is nothing like making your own moonshine! This step by step recipe takes you from mash to moonshine
Provided by: Smallrecipe.com
Total time: 242 hours
Prep time: 2 hours
Cook time: 24
|5 lbs of Sugar|
|4 gallons filtered water|
|2 1/2 lbs of coarse ground white cornmeal|
|1 small packet yeast (preferably Distiller’s Yeast)|
|1 gallon of malt (rye, corn or barley)|
- Add 1 gallon of water to the pot and bring it to boil.
- Add cornmeal cook at 165 °F. Don’t forget to stir occasionally.
- Remove the heat and let the cornmeal cool down to 150°F.
- Once cooled to 150 °F, add the remaining water, then mix in the sugar and ground malt.
- Let it cool to 70 °F.
- Transfer mixture into the fermenter and then add yeast or a yeast starter.
- Place the airtight lid on the bucket and insert the airlock.
- Let the mash ferment completely for about a week until no visible activity can be detected in the airlock.
- Strain the mash using the cheesecloth to remove any solids that can burn during the distillation process.
- Distill the wash as normal.
ServingSize 24, Calories
CORN WHISKEY AND MOONSHINE 2022
Learn all about making corn whiskey and moonshine for FREE at moonshinerecipe.org. ?No fees ever, learn mashes, infusions and so much more, you can even …
Provided by: G. Angel
How to make corn whiskey from cornflakes?
Today we’re getting into the real stuff when we make a batch of amazing corn whiskey from cornflakes. Start by machining the cornflakes until fine in your food processor. Pour the sugar into a 25 liter fermentation drum and ad 5 liters of hot water. Put the cap on the drum and give this a vigorous shake until all of the sugar has dissolved.
Can you use sweet corn to make whiskey?
Yes, you can use sweet corn to make whiskey. You can find a recipe on the internet that uses sweet corn. Corn whiskey is a spirit made from a mash bill of at least 80% corn. The mash can also include malted rye, wheat, and other grains. As with any other spirit, you can pull up any recipe from the internet to make moonshine, a batch of it.
How do you make homemade whiskey?
If you’d like to try your hand at homemade whiskey, corn whiskey is a great one to start with. You’ll need to create a corn mash with a few basic ingredients (like crushed corn, malted barley, yeast, and sugar). Strain the liquid and distill it in a pot still. With a little time and effort, you’ll soon be enjoying your own smooth, corn whiskey.
How many pounds of corn make a gallon of whiskey?
It takes 8.5 pounds of crushed corn to make a gallon of whiskey. You also need 1.5 pounds of malted barley, crushed, and 5 gallons of water in this mash recipe. But how many gallons are in a barrel of whiskey? Can you make whiskey from sweet corn? Yes, you can use sweet corn to make whiskey.