Recipe on the back of Quaker Yellow Corn Meal.
Provided by: SmallRecipe.com
Total time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
|1 1/4 cups All purpose flour|
|3/4 cup Cornmeal|
|1/4 cup Granulated sugar|
|2 teaspoons Baking powder|
|1/2 teaspoon Salt (optional)|
|1 cup Milk|
|1/4 cup Vegetable oil|
|2 Egg whites or 1 egg, beaten|
- 1.) Heat oven to 400 degrees F. (375 degrees for convection) 2.) Grease 8 or 9-inch pan with spray or shortening 3.) Combine dry ingredients 4.) Combine wet ingredients 5.) Stir in wet ingredients with dry just until dry ingredients are moistened. 6.) Pour batter into prepared pan. 7.) Bake approximately 20 minutes or until light golden brown and wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Calories 193 calories, Fat 3.0939430897347 g, Carbohydrate 38.6767277069339 g, Cholesterol 22.0532288770003 mg, Fiber 1.86493249056541 g, Protein 5.54917305103296 g, Saturated Fat 1.106934701975 g, ServingSize 1 1 Serving (99g), Sodium 1961.48267722907 mg, Sugar 36.8117952163685 g, TransFat 0.3144244598488 g
If you’re looking for a corn bread that is tender and delicious on the inside but golden and crusty on the outside BUT still quick and easy, the look no farther! (*trumpets sound*) This is perfect with a warm broth-based soup on a cold night for an easy and healthy meal. Applesauce can be substituted for up to half the oil for a healthy alternative.
Total time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 9-12 squares, 9-12 serving(s)
|1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour|
|3/4 cup cornmeal (Quaker brand preferred)|
|1/4 cup sugar|
|2 teaspoons baking powder|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1 cup milk|
|1/4 cup vegetable oil|
|2 egg whites or 1 whole egg, beaten|
- Preheat oven to 400F; grease an 8 or 9 inch pan.
- Combine dry ingredients and stir in wet ingredients, mixing just until moistened.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake in the preheated oven 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- *NOTE: Delicious topped with butter, sour cream, or honey!
Calories 196.7, Fat 7.6, Saturated Fat 1.5, Cholesterol 3.8, Sodium 239.3, Carbohydrate 28.2, Fiber 1.2, Sugar 5.7, Protein 4.3