Lemon and capers are the star ingredients in this lemon chicken piccata recipe. The chicken is sauteed with garlic and butter, then topped with a creamy sauce that combines lemon juice and chicken broth for a light and refreshing chicken dish.
This Italian American favorite is so creamy and delicious. Piccata literally means pounded flat and cooked in a sauce of lemon, parsley and butter. Done in one pan and 30 minutes means you can have an incredible meal on the table in no time. Do not be scared of the capers. They make the dish outstanding. This is the perfect dish to try if you have never had them. You have to try this creamy lemon piccata!
- Two lemons, juiced and zested
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- cup fresh parsley, chopped
- One teaspoon of garlic powder
- Two tablespoons butter
- Four skinless chicken breast halves (6 to 8 ounces each)
- Place the lemon juice and zest in a small bowl and add the salt.
- Stir well.
- Add the parsley and garlic powder and mix until combined.
- Set aside for 15 minutes. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken breasts to the skillet and cook for about 8 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- Remove from heat and slice each breast half into two pieces horizontally.
- Using a spoon, transfer ¼ cup of the lemon mixture onto each chicken breast piece and place in an oven-safe baking dish or casserole dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes, or until heated through.
Tips for Creamy Lemon Chicken Piccata
Are you looking for a delicious and easy-to-make chicken dish? Well, look no further than chicken piccata! This dish is not only flavorful but also relatively simple to prepare. Plus, it can be made with a variety of different types of pasta, so you can choose your favorite.
When it comes to chicken piccata, thin chicken slices are key. You can either pound the chicken thin or slice it in half. This will ensure that the chicken cooks evenly and is the perfect size for the dish.
Another important ingredient in chicken piccata is flour. The flour helps create a nice crust on the chicken and thickens the sauce. Be sure to use fresh lemons for the best flavor. Bottled lemon juice will not taste the same and can ruin the dish.
As for pasta, you can use any type you like. Some people prefer to use traditional spaghetti, while others prefer to use zucchini noodles or rice. You can even serve chicken piccata over steamed vegetables.
One final tip: if you find the capers too salty, rinse them before adding them to the dish. This will help to tone down the saltiness.
So, there you have a few tips and variations for chicken piccata. This dish is perfect just the way it is, but feel free to experiment with different ingredients to find what you like best.
How to Store Creamy Lemon Chicken Piccata
This dish can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Leftovers should heat in the microwave. It is best to keep it separate from the pasta or whatever you are serving it with if you can. That’s all there is to it!
I hope you enjoy this sauce as much as I do.