SLOW-COOKER PEPPER STEAK RECIPE | Small Recipe
This crockpot pepper steak recipe is very tender and flavorful and is one of our family’s favorites. It’s great to make ahead of time in the slow cooker and then serve over rice, egg noodles, or chow mein. It is such a comfort to walk in the door after a long, busy day and realize dinner is ready!
Suggestions for this Recipe
- This recipe for steak and gravy works very well with London broil or top sirloin steaks. I usually shop for whichever is on sale and buy extra to put in the freezer for the next time I want to use it in my meal rotation.
- We love making thick, creamy steak and gravy in my rice cooker. It’s an easy meal to throw together, and my family loves serving it with buttery mashed potatoes. But it would also be delicious over pasta, thick toast, or just by itself with a side of broccoli or green beans.
- If you’re looking for a way to add extra flavor to your crockpot meal, try adding some sliced onions or mushrooms.
- Slicing your steak into thin strips will help speed up the cooking process and ensure super tender, fall-apart meat every time.
More Time-Saving Crockpot Steak Meals
Provided by: Small Recipe
Categories: Sirloin Steak
Total time: 3 hours 30 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 3 hours 10 minutes
|2 pounds beef sirloin, cut into 2-inch strips|
|¾ teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste|
|3 tablespoons vegetable oil|
|1 cube beef bouillon|
|¼ cup hot water|
|1 tablespoon cornstarch|
|½ cup chopped onion|
|2 large green bell peppers, roughly chopped|
|1 (14.5 ounces) can of stewed tomatoes with liquid|
|3 tablespoons soy sauce|
|1 teaspoon white sugar|
|1 teaspoon salt|
- Sprinkle beef sirloin strips with garlic powder. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat and sear beef strips about 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Mix bouillon cube with hot water in a separate container until dissolved, then mix in cornstarch until dissolved. Pour into the slow cooker with beef strips. Stir in onion, green peppers, stewed tomatoes, soy sauce, sugar, and salt.
- Cover, and cook on High for 3 to 4 hours or on Low for 6 to 8 hours.
Calories 301.4 calories, Carbohydrate 11.7 g, Cholesterol 65.4 mg, Fat 15.8 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 28.2 g, Saturated Fat 4.5 g, Sodium 1188.6 mg, Sugar 5.3 g
What to serve with Crockpot steak recipe:
When preparing a delicious and hearty meal, few things are more satisfying than a good old-fashioned Crockpot steak recipe. While the dish is quite simple to make, you can do a few things to ensure that your steak turns out perfectly every time.
First, choosing the proper cut of meat for your Crockpot steak recipe is important. For the best results, opt for a steak at least 1-inch thick. This will help ensure the steak stays juicy and flavorful after being cooked in the Crockpot.
Now, the only thing left is to decide what to serve with your Crockpot steak recipe. Our favorite sides to pair this dish include roasted potatoes, sauteed vegetables, and a simple salad.
Potatoes – You can dice potatoes and make a foil pack on top of the steak in the crock pot. We also like these easy-to-make microwave potatoes and mashed potatoes.
Roasted Green beans – easy and delicious.
Salad – The steak is cooked to perfection and the salad is a perfect complement to it.
Cauliflower rice – is a low-carb side dish perfect for the keto diet! This dish is packed with flavor and is sure to be a hit with the whole family!
Tips for crockpot steak recipe:
Agitate: The key to making a delicious round steak crock pot recipe is to simmer it so that the meat is tender and juicy.
Tips: Here are some tips for making a delicious round steak crock pot recipe:
- Use a good quality beef broth or stock.
- Add some vegetables to the crock pot, such as carrots, celery, and onions.
- Season the beef with salt, pepper, and other spices of your choice.
- Cook the beef on low heat for several hours until it is tender.
- Serve the beef with your favorite sides.
This crockpot pepper steak recipe is the perfect meal for a busy weeknight. The steak is cooked to tender perfection in the slow cooker, and the peppers and onions add a flavorful touch. Serve this hearty dish with a side of rice or pasta for a complete meal.