Granny Smith apples are dipped in chocolate and rolled in candy or nuts. Use your favorite chocolate for this recipe, dark milk or white. This is good to make with children close to Halloween or anytime.
Provided by: SmallRecipe.com
Total time: 1 hours 30 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours 0 minutes
Yield: 10 apples
|10 small Granny Smith apples|
|½ cup chopped roasted peanuts|
|½ cup candy-coated milk chocolate candies|
|2 pounds semisweet chocolate, chopped|
- Insert wooden craft sticks or lollipop sticks into the cores of the apples at the stem. Place the roasted peanuts and candies on separate plates. Set aside.
- Place the chocolate into a metal or glass bowl and set over a pan of barely simmering water. Stir frequently until melted. Remove from the heat. Dip apples into the melted chocolate, turning to coat completely. Dip or roll in candy or nuts, then place on a sheet of waxed paper. Repeat with remaining apples. Allow apples to set at room temperature until the chocolate is firm, about 20 minutes, before serving.
Calories 588.5 calories, Carbohydrate 73.3 g, Cholesterol 1.5 mg, Fat 34.6 g, Fiber 9.3 g, Protein 8.9 g, Saturated Fat 17.9 g, Sodium 66.8 mg, Sugar 62.6 g
Make these Chocolate-Dipped Apples for a twist on a classic fall favorite. Simplicity on a stick, these Chocolate-Dipped Apples will appeal to chocolate-lovers in particular–much better than bobbing for apples in a tub!
Provided by: SmallRecipe.com
Total time: 45 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: 12 servings, 1/2 apple each
|6 small to medium apples, well chilled|
|1-3/4 pkg. (4 oz. each) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate (7 oz.), broken into squares|
|1 Tbsp. oil|
|3/4 cup chopped pecans|
- Wash apples, then dry completely. (Note: In order for the chocolate to stick to the apples, the apples need to be well chilled before washing, drying and dipping in the melted chocolate.)
- Cover plate with parchment; spray with cooking spray. Insert wooden pop stick into stem end of each apple.
- Melt chocolate in small microwaveable bowl following microwaving directions on package. Stir in oil. Dip bottom half of each apple in chocolate mixture, turning until evenly coated. Sprinkle nuts over chocolate. Place on prepared plate.
- Refrigerate 20 min. or until chocolate is firm. (The dipped apples can be refrigerated up to 2 days before serving.) Cut each apple in half to serve.
Calories 180, Fat 11 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 0 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 4 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 2 g
How do you make homemade apple dip easier to make?
This will make it easier for dipping! Add warm spices to the dip, such as cinnamon, nutmeg or apple pie spice mix. Prep ahead: the dip will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Follow The Seasoned Mom on Instagram and show us what you’re making!
What do you serve with Apple dip?
Tips for Serving Apple Dip: Aside from the obvious APPLES that pair nicely with this brown sugar cream cheese dip, you can create a whole platter of dipping options for your next party. Here are a few additional ideas: Graham crackers. Gingersnap cookies. Animal crackers. Sliced pears. Pretzel sticks.
How do you store Apple dip in the fridge?
Store the dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. It’s a great prep-ahead option if you’re hosting a gathering or attending a potluck! Add warm spices to the dip, such as cinnamon, nutmeg or apple pie spice mix. Use all brown sugar instead of some white sugar for a stronger molasses/caramel flavor.
How long does cream cheese apple dip take to cook?
Home » What We’re Eating » 4-Ingredient Cream Cheese Apple Dip Thick, rich, and smooth, this 4-Ingredient Cream Cheese Apple Dip is a sweet and easy snack recipe that’s ready in about 5 minutes. Whether you keep it in the refrigerator for after-school munchies or serve it at your next fall party, the crowd-pleasing treat will make everyone smile!