DIY DRIED MANGO SLICES
A soft and chewy texture with a burst of tropical flavor, dried mango slices are one of our favorite “healthy” snacks.
Provided by: Smallrecipe
Categories: Dessert, Recipes
Prep time: 10 minutes
|1 pound mango (see Note 1)|
- Start with clean hands, equipment, and countertops.
- If using frozen mango, thaw and cut into smaller, ½” cubes, then place the mango on dehydrator trays. Use a mesh liner if your trays have larger holes.
- If using fresh mango, peel the skin then slice ¼” strips off the two broad sides of the mango until you hit the pit. Then, slice strips off the remaining thin sides. Arrange on dehydrator trays.
- Dehydrate at 135°F / 57°C for 8-10 hours until dry and pliable (see Note 2).
Calories per serving 67
Mango is a popular fruit that can be enjoyed in many ways. One way to enjoy mango is by drying it and storing it for later use. Here are some tips on how to store dried mango slices:
- Dried mango slices can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 6 months.
- To extend the shelf life of dried mango slices, you can store them in the fridge for up to 1 year.
- Dried mango slices can also be frozen for up to 2 years. Just make sure to thaw them before eating.
When stored properly, dried mango slices will stay fresh and delicious for a long time. So go ahead and enjoy this tasty treat anytime you want!
FAQs about Mango:
How to eat a mango:
- When choosing a mango, look for ones that are slightly soft to the touch and give off a sweet aroma. Avoid mangos that are hard or have green spots.
- To eat a mango, first cut off each end of the fruit. Score the flesh of the mango length-wise and width-wise, being careful not to cut through the skin. Gently pull back the skin to reveal the flesh of the fruit. Eat the flesh with a spoon or slice it and enjoy it as is!
How to peel a mango:
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to peel a mango so you can enjoy it to the fullest:
- Start with a ripe mango. If it’s too hard, it won’t be as easy to peel. If it’s too soft, it might fall apart. The perfect mango will have a little give when you press on it with your fingers.
- Cut off each end of the mango, as close to the pit as possible.
How do you cut a mango:
- Start by cutting off one end of the mango, as close to the pit as possible.
- Turn the mango so that the cut end is facing down, and slice along the curve of the fruit until you reach the other end.
- Now you should have two long, thin slices of mango, each containing half of the pit.
- To remove the skin from each slice, hold it firmly in one hand and use a vegetable peeler to peel away the skin in strips.
Mangoes are delicious and nutritious fruit that can be enjoyed fresh or dried. Both ripe and dried mangoes are a good source of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Mangoes are versatile fruit that can be used in a variety of dishes. Whether you enjoy them fresh or dried, mangoes are a great addition to your diet.