Provided by: SmallRecipe.com
Total time: 45 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
|1 grams (510 g) standard yellow cake mix|
|4 beaten eggs|
|⅓ cup water|
|¾ cup vegetable oil (or canola oil)|
|1 cup sour cream|
|1 cup packed dark brown|
|1 tablespoon sugar cinnamon|
|½ cup Chopped pecans|
|1 ½ cups powdered sugar|
|½ cup melted butter|
|1 teaspoon pure vanilla|
|extract Salt, a pinch|
|Milk, as required|
- Step 1:To start, preheat the oven to 350° F.Then combine the cake mix, eggs, water, vegetable oil (or canola oil), and the sour cream in a large bowl. Use an electric mixer to easily beat the ingredients, mix for one minute. Then combine the cake mix, eggs, water, vegetable oil (or canola oil), and the sour cream in a large bowl. Use an electric mixer to easily beat the ingredients, mix for one minute.Note: If using a glass baking pan, lower the temperature to 325° F.
- Step 2:In a medium-sized bowl, mix the dark brown sugar, cinnamon, and the chopped pecans. Then set these toppings aside for later.
- Step 3:Grease a baking pan (9×13 inches) and pour the prepared cake batter into it. Now sprinkle the prepared toppings over the batter and swirl them into it by using a butter knife. Just to push them in the batter a little.
- Step 4:Bake the cake on the center rack for 30 to 35 minutes. Or until a knife inserted in the cake comes out clean.Meanwhile prepare the glaze by combining the powdered sugar, melted butter, vanilla extract, salt, and the milk in a separate bowl and whisk them until smooth.
- Step 5:When the cake is ready, take it out and immediately pour the icing over the hot cake. Then tightly cover the pan by using foil and let it cool completely.When cool, cut it into 12 pieces and serve.Note: You can reheat the cake in a microwave if you prefer it warm.
This honey bun cake tastes just like the name suggests — a honey bun! It has been served to hundreds of people and everyone has said how much they liked it. It is a sweet cake and not for those who are watching their weight. Tastes wonderful if served with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Provided by: SmallRecipe.com
Categories: Yellow Cake From a Mix
Total time: 1 hours 45 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours 0 minutes
Yield: 1 9×13-inch cake
|1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix|
|¾ cup vegetable oil|
|1 (8 ounce) container sour cream|
|1 cup brown sugar|
|1 tablespoon ground cinnamon|
|2 cups confectioners’ sugar|
|4 tablespoons milk|
|1 tablespoon vanilla extract|
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, oil, eggs, and sour cream. Stir by hand for approximately 50 strokes, or until most large lumps are gone. Pour 1/2 of the batter into an ungreased 9×13-inch glass baking dish. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter in the cake pan. Spoon the remaining 1/2 of the batter into the cake pan, covering brown sugar and cinnamon. Swirl batter with a butter knife or icing knife until it looks like a honey bun (or whatever design you want to make).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Frost cake while it is still fairly hot. Serve warm.
- To make frosting: In a small bowl, whisk together the confectioners’ sugar, milk, and vanilla until smooth.
Calories 251.4 calories, Carbohydrate 33.6 g, Cholesterol 35.8 mg, Fat 12.3 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 2.4 g, Saturated Fat 2.8 g, Sodium 161.1 mg, Sugar 25.3 g