Avocado toast is pretty divisive: You either can’t get enough of it, or you’re totally sick of hearing about it. With a plethora of avocado toast recipes out there—some simple, others more complex—it’s easy to wonder if we’ve reached peak avocado.
But before you write off this open-faced Instagrammable marvel, let’s remember why we love avocado toast in the first place. Mashed avocado spread over crusty whole-wheat bread, finished with olive oil, red pepper flakes, and flaky sea salt—does it get much better than that? It’s full of healthy, unsaturated fats, packed with fiber, and it’s an effortless breakfast or snack.
So forget fancy-pants versions topped with lobster, truffles, and gold flakes—or spinoffs like avocado art, avocado roses, and avocado toast chocolate bars. You need a perfect avocado toast recipe that’s 100% no-nonsense.
Look no further. This is the easiest—and the last—avocado toast recipe you’ll ever need to know. Memorize the recipe, then use it as a jumping-off point for your favorite avocado toast riffs. Put an egg on it, top it with tuna salad, or crown it with fluffy alfalfa sprouts for a healthy and satisfying meal. You can mix up the toppings too—we love Japanese furikake or everything bagel seasoning.
Provided by: SmallRecipe.com
½ small avocado
½ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
⅛ teaspoon Kosher salt
⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 (1 oz.) slice whole grain bread, toasted
½ teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
Toppings: Maldon sea salt flakes, red pepper flakes
- In a small bowl, combine avocado, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Gently mash with the back of a fork.
- Top toasted bread with mashed avocado mixture.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle over desired toppings.
Calories 200, Carbohydrate 18 g, Fat 13 g, Fiber 5.0 g, Protein 5.0 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Sodium 370 mg, Sugar 2.0 g
Avocado Toast at Dunkin
When it comes to breakfast, avocado toast is one of the most popular items on the menu. And now, Dunkin’ is getting in on the action with its own version of the dish.
Dunkin’s avocado toast features two slices of multigrain bread topped with a creamy avocado spread. The spread is made with real avocado, lime juice, and salt, and it’s finished off with a sprinkling of chili flakes.
If you’re looking for a hearty breakfast option, this is definitely it. The avocado spread provides plenty of healthy fats and protein, while the multigrain bread gives you some complex carbs to help power your day. Plus, at under $5, it’s a pretty affordable option as well. So next time you’re stopping by Dunkin’ for your morning coffee, be sure to give their avocado toast a try.
Tips to Pick a Ripe Avocado
When it comes to avocados, there are two types of people in this world: those who think they’re gross, and those who can’t get enough of them. If you fall into the latter category, you know that nothing is better than a ripe avocado. But how do you know when an avocado is ripe?
Here are a few tips on how to pick a ripe avocado:
- The first step is to find an avocado that’s the right color. You want one that’s mostly dark green or black, with no brown spots.
- Next, give the avocado a gentle squeeze. If it’s too hard, it’s not ready yet. If it’s too soft, it’s overripe.
Tips For Making and Serving Dunkin’s Avocado Toast
- To make the toast, start by spreading a layer of avocado on top of a slice of bread. Then, add your favorite toppings. Popular toppings include tomato, cheese, bacon, and eggs. For an extra boost of flavor, try adding a drizzle of olive oil or balsamic vinegar.
- To cook the toast, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, place the toast on a baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes. Once it’s done, remove it from the oven and enjoy!
- When serving, be sure to garnish with fresh herbs or spices such as basil or red pepper flakes. Avocado toast is best enjoyed immediately after it’s made.
Here are some of our favorite avocado toast recipes:
1. Avocado Toast with Egg: Top your toast with a soft-boiled or poached egg for an extra protein boost.
2. Avocado Toast with Tomato: Add some freshness to your toast with thin slices of tomato.
3. Avocado Toast with Salmon: For a heartier meal, top your toast with smoked salmon or canned tuna.
Avocado toast at Dunkin is a great way to start your day. It’s filling, nutritious, and delicious. Plus, it’s a great value not too expensive. So next time you’re looking for a quick and easy breakfast option, be sure to give an avocado toast at Dunkin a try.