Easter is a time to celebrate love and life. To do that, we’re bringing you our favorite Easter poke cake recipe! This cake is perfect for Easter brunch or any special occasion. Our Easter poke cake is fluffy, sweet and decorated with colorful Easter eggs. Best of all, it’s easy to make and you can customize it to your own tastes. So, get ready to Enjoy Easter poke cake!
Provided by: SmallRecipe.com
1 box Chocolate Cake Mix plus ingredients
3 boxes Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix
5 cups Milk (divided)
8 oz Cool Whip (thawed)
32 Oreos crushed divided
15 Peeps Bunnies
15 Orange Mike and Ikes
Edible Easter Grass
- Make cake mix according to box directions for 13 x 9" pan.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Use a large wooden spoon handle to poke holes in cake.
- In a medium bowl, combine 2 boxes pudding mix and 4 cups of milk.
- Whisk well and pour evenly over cake. Be sure to gently press pudding into holes.
- Gently tap pan on counter to try and remove air.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In large bowl, combine 1 box pudding mix and 1 cup milk.
- Whisk until thickened.
- Add 16 crushed Oreos and Cool Whip.
- Stir until well blended.
- Spread mixture evenly over cake.
- Sprinkle 16 crushed Oreos over top of cake.
- Add Peeps to top of cake.
- Cut edible grass into thirty 3/4" pieces.
- With a toothpick, poke hole in end of each Mike and Ike and insert 2 pieces of grass.
- Stick each Mike and Ike into cake beside a bunny.
Note tips for making Easter Poke Cake Recipe
Here are a few tips to keep in mind when making this recipe:
When making an Easter poke cake, there are a few things to keep in mind.
- First, be sure to use a white cake mix – this will give the cake its traditional light color.
- Be sure to evenly distribute the sweetened condensed milk mixture over the holes in the cake.
- Second, use good-quality chocolate for the filling – we recommend using 60% bittersweet cacao chocolate.
- Finally, don’t forget the whipped cream! This will add a nice lightness to the cake and balance out the sweetness of the chocolate.
When it comes to storing your Easter Poke Cake, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, if you plan on serving the cake within two days of making it, you can store it at room temperature. Simply cover the cake with plastic wrap or aluminum foil to keep it fresh. If you need to store the cake for longer than that, it’s best to keep it in the fridge. Again, be sure to tightly wrap the cake so it doesn’t dry out. And if you have any leftover frosting, be sure to store that in the fridge as well; it will last for up to two weeks.
What is a poke cake?
A poke cake is a type of cake that has holes poked in it after it is baked. These holes are then filled with a liquid or filling, such as pudding, fruit, or ice cream.
2. How do you make a poke cake?
To make a poke cake, you will first need to bake your cake according to the recipe or package directions. Once the cake is baked, allow it to cool for a few minutes before poking holes all over the top of the cake with the back of a spoon. Next, prepare your filling and pour it over the holes in the cake. Allow the cake to cool completely before serving.
3. Can I use any type of cake mix for this recipe?
Yes, you can use any type of cake mix for this recipe.
Other Easter Poke Cake recipe
- Easter jello cake.
- Easter pudding poke cake.
In this article, we will be discussing a recipe for an Easter Poke Cake or Easter Jello Cake This cake is perfect for any Easter party or potluck. It is a white cake that is filled with your favorite Easter candy. The best part about this cake is that it is very easy to make. So, if you are looking for a festive and delicious dessert, then look no further than this Easter Poke Cake recipe.