A high-efficiency, low-calorie, food item, eggs should always be a staple in your pantry- whether you’re on a diet plan or not. They’re high in protein to help you build muscles, as well as choline to improve brain health. If you’re tired of the same old boiled and scrambled eggs, here’s an exciting recipe.
How to make Easy Mushroom-Spinach Baked Eggs
This healthy, hearty, quick dish is perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner. The garlicky sautéed mushrooms and wilted spinach add a delicious and healthy surprince to these individual baked eggs. This dish is deliciously easy to make and perfect for guests or individual servings.
* 4 eggs
* 1 tbsp olive oil
* 1 cup button or shiitake mushrooms, sliced into thin pieces
* 1/2 bag thawed frozen spinach
* Optional: bacon or deli ham, cut into thin strips
* Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Fry the onions in the olive oil, then the mushrooms. Stir in the spinach (and the meat if you opt to have them) and cook everything for a few minutes. In the meantime, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Season the veggie/meat mixture with salt and pepper.
3. Divide the mixture into 4 pieces of 6-ounce oven-safe greased ramekins. Crack an egg over each ramekin.
4. Bake in the oven for at least 10 minutes.