Make and share this Fiesta Corn recipe from SmallRecipe.com.
Total time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 serving(s)
|1 (16 ounce) package frozen corn|
|nonstick cooking spray|
|1 teaspoon margarine or 1 teaspoon butter|
|1/2 cup red onion, chopped|
|1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped|
|1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped|
|4 ounces green chilies, canned, diced|
- Cook the corn according to package directions.
- In a nonstick skillet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray; melt the margarine.
- Add the onion and bell peppers.
- Saute gently, do not let the onion brown.
- Drain the corn and return it to the sauce pan.
- Add the onions and peppers to the corn.
- Add the chilies; and warm through.
- Sprinkle with Smoky Paprika and serve.
Calories 137.3, Fat 2, Saturated Fat 0.4, Cholesterol 0, Sodium 18.6, Carbohydrate 30.2, Fiber 4.2, Sugar 3.5, Protein 4.6
When sweet corn is available, I love making this splurge of a side dish. Frozen corn works, but taste as you go and add sugar if needed. —Anthony Bolton, Bellevue, Nebraska
Provided by: SmallRecipe.com
Categories: Side Dishes
Total time: 40 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Yield: 8 servings.
|1/2 pound bacon strips, chopped|
|5 cups fresh or frozen super sweet corn|
|1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped|
|1 medium sweet yellow pepper, finely chopped|
|1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese|
|1/2 cup half-and-half cream|
|1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles, optional|
|2 teaspoons sugar|
|1 teaspoon pepper|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings, reserving 1 tablespoon in pan., Add corn, red pepper and yellow pepper to drippings; cook and stir over medium-high heat until tender, 5-6 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients until blended; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until thickened, 8-10 minutes.
Calories 249 calories, Fat 14g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 39mg cholesterol, Sodium 399mg sodium, Carbohydrate 22g carbohydrate (9g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 10g protein.