Make candy apples that actually look like real candy with these fully customizable sweet treats.
Provided by: SmallRecipe.com
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
|4 ½ cups granulated sugar|
|1 ½ cups water|
|¾ cups corn syrup|
|3 tbsp white food colouring|
|rainbow food colouring|
|12 granny smith apples|
|lollipop sticks or skewers|
- You will be making 2 colors per batch, so just repeat these steps 3 times.
- Place 1 ½ cups granulated sugar, ½ cup water and ¼ cup corn syrup into a medium-sized pot and stir to combine.
- Add 1 tbsp white food coloring and several drops pink food coloring and mix well.
- Set to medium-high heat and attach a candy thermometer. Heat to 302F.
- In the meantime, wash the apples, remove the stems and insert lollipop sticks or skewers into the top. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Once the candy reaches 302F, dip 2 apples into the pink candy, then place on the baking sheet.
- Add some orange food coloring to the candy, mix well, then coat 2 apples in orange candy.
- To easily clean the pot between batches, pour out any excess candy into a silicone mold, then fill the pot with water. Bring to a boil and boil until the excess candy coating melts. Pour out the hot water, then repeat Steps 2-6, making yellow and green in one batch and blue and purple in the last batch.
How to make candy apples?
How To Make Candy Apples: Step#1. In a heavy-bottomed saucepan mix together 2 cups sugar, 3/4 cups water, 1/2 cup light corn syrup, 1/2 teaspoon red food coloring (I use the gel kind, like this) and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon extract (optional). The mixture will be bright red like this. get the full story on Candy Apples:
How do you make apples with pop sticks?
Insert pop sticks into apples. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine sugar, water and corn syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Stir in food colorings. Bring to a boil. Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 290° (soft-crack stage). Remove from heat.
How do you make candy apples with demerara sugar?
For sparkly apple bottoms, mix together 1/4 cup demerara sugar and 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice (you can leave out the pumpkin spice if you want. What’s crucial is the sugar). Sprinkle the sugar mixture onto your prepared pan. When your candy mixture is at 310ºF, take it of the heat.
How to make apple cakes with sugar?
In a large heavy saucepan, combine sugar, water and corn syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Stir in food colorings. Bring to a boil. Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 290° (soft-crack stage). Remove from heat. Working quickly, dip apples into hot sugar mixture to completely coat.