GROUND BEEF STUFFED GREEN BELL PEPPERS WITH CHEESE RECIPE …
We had these not too long ago and we both decided that they needed a little more seasoning. We put a little hot pepper sauce on them and they were much better. I would probably include 2 teaspoons in the meat mix the next time that I make them.
Total time: 50 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Yield: 6 peppers, 3 serving(s)
|6 large green peppers|
|1 lb beef, Ground|
|1/2 cup onion, Chopped|
|1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, diced|
|1/2 cup long grain rice, any available rice is fine it may affect cooking time though|
|1 cup water|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce|
|1 cup cheddar cheese, Shredded (about 4 ounces)|
- Cut off the tops of green peppers; discard seeds and membranes.
- Chop enough of the tops to make 1/4 cup, set aside.
- Cook the whole green peppers, uncovered in boiling water for about 5 minutes; invert to drain well.
- Sprinkle insides of the peppers lightly with salt.
- In a skillet cook ground beef, onion and 1/4 cup chopped pepper till meat is browned and vegetables are tender.
- Drain off excess fat. Add drained tomatoes, salt, Worcestershire, and a dash of pepper.
- in a separate pot put water bring to boil add rice cook until rice is soft. if needed add more water.
- add rice to beef mixture.
- Stir in cheese. Stuff peppers with meat mixture. Place in a 10x6x2 baking dish.
- Bake, covered in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. in the last 5 minutes add any remaining cheese to the top of the peppers.
Calories 1389.5, Fat 120.9, Saturated Fat 52.8, Cholesterol 189.4, Sodium 1089.4, Carbohydrate 49.1, Fiber 8.3, Sugar 13.4, Protein 28.5