ROASTED GREEN VEGETABLE MEDLEY RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
A roasted green vegetable medley is a great way to add some extra veggies to your diet. This recipe is simple to make and can be easily customized to your liking. I like to add a variety of vegetables to my medleys, but you can use whatever you have on hand.
Provided by: Smallrecipe
Categories: Healthy Recipe
Total time: 40 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 10 servings
|1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces|
|4 cups fresh broccoli florets|
|10 small fresh mushrooms, halved|
|8 fresh Brussels sprouts, halved|
|2 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices|
|1 medium onion, halved and sliced|
|3 to 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced|
|4 tablespoons olive oil, divided|
|1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese|
|3 tablespoons julienned fresh basil leaves, optional|
|2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley|
|1 tablespoon grated lemon zest|
|2 tablespoons lemon juice|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 teaspoon pepper|
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place first 7 ingredients in a large bowl; toss with 2 tablespoons oil. Divide between two 15x10x1-in. pans coated with cooking spray., Roast until tender, 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Mix remaining ingredients with remaining oil; toss with vegetables.
Calories 109 calories, Fat 7g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 3mg cholesterol, Sodium 96mg sodium, Carbohydrate 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges1 vegetable.
- Cut the vegetables into even pieces so they cook evenly.
- Preheat the oven so the vegetables don’t go into shock when they hit the hot pan.
- Use high-quality olive oil or other cooking fat – this will make a big difference in the flavor of your finished dish.
- Don’t overcrowd the pan – give the veggies some space to breathe so they can get nice and crispy.
- Roast at a high temperature for maximum flavor development.
- Season generously with salt and pepper – this is not the time to be shy!
- Serve hot out of the oven for best results.
- Serve along with your favorite protein or grain dish for a complete meal.
This roasted green vegetable medley recipe is a great way to get your vegetables in while still enjoying a delicious and healthy meal. This recipe is simple to follow and can be easily adapted to your own personal preferences. This medley is a great way to get your daily recommended intake of vegetables, and it is also a great source of fiber and vitamins. This recipe is sure to become a family favorite, so be sure to give it a try today!