Looking for wahoo recipes? This grilled wahoo recipe made with tomatoes and olives. Learn how to grill wahoo steaks with this simple recipe.
Provided by: SmallRecipe.com
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
|2 small to medium-sized wahoo fillets|
|salt and pepper to taste|
|2 teaspoons olive oil|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 14.5-ounce can fire-roasted diced tomatoes|
|1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and diced|
|1/2 cup manzanilla olives, pitted and diced|
- Heat the grill to high.
- Brush both sides of the fillets with canola oil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place fish on the grill and immediately turn the dials to low. Close the cover.
- Cook the fillets on the grill for about 4 to 6 minutes per side until done.
- While the fish is grilling, heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and olives and cook until heated through.
- Plate fish and spoon sauce over it. Serve.
Calories 366 calories, Carbohydrate 13 grams carbohydrates, Cholesterol 33 milligrams cholesterol, Fat 31 grams fat, Fiber 6 grams fiber, Protein 13 grams protein, Saturated Fat 5 grams saturated fat, ServingSize 1, Sodium 893 grams sodium, Sugar 6 grams sugar, TransFat 0 grams trans fat, UnsaturatedFat 24 grams unsaturated fat
This was given to me when I requested a recipe for Wahoo by Lainie.
It turned out absolutely fantastic. I used the leftover sauce on angel hair pasta. It was like pesto without the nuts. My Daughter called it the best pasta in the world!
Total time: 40 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4-6 serving(s)
|1/2 cup butter, melted|
|1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|6 fresh garlic cloves|
|1/3 cup fresh cilantro or 1/3 cup parsley|
|2 tablespoons cajun seafood seasoning|
|1 lemon, juice of|
|6 wahoo fillets, about 1/2 inch thick|
|lemon wedge (to garnish)|
- Spray grill with nonstick spray or brush with vegie oil to prevent sticking. Preheat on high for about 10 minutes.
- Mix first six ingredients in a blender. Purée into a smooth sauce.
- When ready to cook, brush both sides of fillets with sauce. Place fillets on grill and cook, turning once or twice. Brush more sauce as needed.
- Fish is done when it flakes easily (about 5 minutes). Serve with lemon wedges.
Calories 451.8, Fat 50.1, Saturated Fat 18.3, Cholesterol 61, Sodium 204.6, Carbohydrate 2.4, Fiber 0.2, Sugar 0.4, Protein 0.6