SLOW COOKER GROUND CHICKEN CHILI RECIPE | Small Recipe
Cooking can be a fun and easy way to show your family and friends your culinary skills. But, sometimes, the process can be a bit daunting. That’s why having a slow cooker can be a great asset to any kitchen. With a slow cooker, you can set it and forget it, allowing you to focus on other things.
This ground chicken slow cooker recipes is the perfect recipe for a busy weeknight. It’s packed with flavor, and it’s easy to make. Plus, it’s a great way to use up any leftover chicken you might have. And now together do how to cook ground chicken!
Provided by: Smallrecipe
Total time: 4 hours 35 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 4 hours 5 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
|1 tablespoon vegetable oil|
|1 pound ground chicken|
|2 tablespoons chili powder|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin|
|½ teaspoon red pepper flakes|
|1 (29 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained|
|2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chile peppers|
|1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained|
|1 medium onion, chopped|
|1 medium jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped|
|2 cups chicken broth|
|1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained|
|1 tablespoon sour cream, or to taste|
|1 tablespoon shredded Cheddar cheese, or to taste|
|1 tablespoon chopped green onions, or to taste|
|1 jalapeno pepper, sliced, or to taste|
- Heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat in a medium-sized pan. Cook and stir ground chicken in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard grease.
- Combine chili powder, garlic, cumin, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl; stir into the chicken to coat.
- Transfer chicken to a slow cooker. Add kidney beans, diced tomatoes with chiles, black beans, onion, and chopped jalapeno. Pour chicken broth over the mixture and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on High until chili has cooked down and thickened, about 4 hours, stirring corn kernels into the mixture during the last 30 minutes of cook time.
- Spoon chili into bowls and top each with sour cream, Cheddar cheese, green onions, and sliced jalapeno.
Calories 405.5 calories, Carbohydrate 54.6 g, Cholesterol 50.6 mg, Fat 7.9 g, Fiber 17.1 g, Protein 32.7 g, Saturated Fat 1.9 g, Sodium 1620.6 mg, Sugar 3.8 g
- When you cook chicken breasts in a slow cooker, you can either cook them on High for 3-4 hours or on Low for 7-8 hours. If you want to shred the chicken breasts, cook them on Low so they don’t dry out.
- When cooking chicken breasts in a slow cooker, always make sure they are completely submerged in liquid. This will help them cook evenly and prevent them from drying out.
- If you want a spicier chili, increase the number of red pepper flakes. You can also add more chili powder or cumin to the recipe.
This slow cooker ground chicken chili is a hearty and flavorful dish that is perfect for a winter night. It is packed with protein and fiber and is a great way to warm up on a cold night. This chili is also relatively easy to make, and can be made in advance and reheated for a quick and easy meal.