Gus’s fried chicken is a delicious and easy family-friendly recipe. This is a fast and easy chicken recipe that is super tasty. It’s perfect for a busy weeknight or for any time of the day.
Provided by: SmallRecipe.com
Total time: 60 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
|1 3 1/2 pound chicken (cut into 8 pieces)|
|1 quart buttermilk|
|3 cups flour|
|2 teaspoons paprika|
|1 teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|2 teaspoons salt|
|1 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground)|
- Clean a 3-1/2-pound chicken and cut it into eight pieces.
- Transfer the chicken pieces to a nonreactive pan and add 1-quart of buttermilk.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours or overnight.
- In a large plastic bag, combine flour, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, and freshly ground black pepper. Gently shake to combine.
- Place a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat and heat 3/4 inch peanut oil.
- In a bag of seasoned flour, shake each piece of chicken until well coated.
- As soon as the oil is very hot, add the largest pieces of chicken first, skin side down.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for about 12 to 15 minutes per side, until the chicken is golden brown and crispy.
- Drain the chicken on paper towels after removing it from the oil. Enjoy!
Calories 723 kcal, ServingSize 1 serving