Pumpkin bread is a quick and easy recipe that can be homemade in under an hour . This best delicious bread is perfect for fall, and can be served as a breakfast or snack.
This recipe only requires a few simple ingredients, and can be easily adapted to your own taste. For example, you can add spices like cinnamon or nutmeg, or even chocolate chips!
If you’re looking for an easy and delicious pumpkin bread recipe, look no further. This recipe is sure to please everyone in the family.
Product by: Smallrecipe.com
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned into measuring cup and leveled-off
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1½ sticks (¾ cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 15-oz can 100% pure pumpkin
How To Make Pumkin Bread
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and set an oven rack in the middle position. Generously grease two 8 x 4-inch loaf pans with butter and dust with flour (alternatively, use a baking spray with flour in it, such as Pam with Flour or Baker's Joy).
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cloves, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Whisk until well combined; set aside.
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar on medium speed until just blended. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until very light and fluffy, a few minutes. Beat in the pumpkin. The mixture might look grainy and curdled at this point -- that's okay.
- Add the flour mixture and mix on low speed until combined.
- Turn the batter into the prepared pans, dividing evenly, and bake for 65 – 75 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the loaves cool in the pans for about 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Fresh out of the oven, the loaves have a deliciously crisp crust. If they last beyond a day, you can toast individual slices to get the same fresh-baked effect.
- Serving size:1 slice
- Fat:6 g
- Saturated fat:4 g
- Carbohydrates:26 g
- Sugar:17 g
- Fiber:1 g
- Protein:2 g
- Sodium:117 mg
- Cholesterol:31 mg
How to Store Pumpkin Bread?
Pumpkin bread is a delicious and easy to make fall treat. But how do you store it so that it stays fresh and tasty? Here are a few tips:
- Wrap pumpkin bread in plastic wrap or aluminum foil, or place in a zip-top bag. This will help keep the bread moist.
- Store pumpkin bread at room temperature for up to four days or in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- To freeze pumpkin bread, wrap tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil, or place in a zip-top freezer bag. Frozen pumpkin bread will keep for up to three months.
Follow these tips for homemade pumpkin bread and you’ll be able to enjoy your pumpkin bread all season long!
Can you Freeze Pumpkin Bread?
Pumpkin bread is a quick bread made with spice pumpkin puree, flour, eggs, butter, sugar, and spices. It’s a popular fall treat that can be enjoyed fresh or frozen.
Can you freeze pumpkin bread? Yes! Freezing is a great way to extend the shelf life of your pumpkin bread and enjoy it later. Simply wrap the cooled bread tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and store it in the freezer for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to enjoy, thaw the bread overnight in the refrigerator or warm it up in the oven or microwave.
Whether you make your own pumpkin bread or buy it from a bakery, freezing is an easy way to keep it fresh and delicious for longer. So next time you have extra pumpkin bread on hand, don’t hesitate to pop it in the freezer!
1. Can I make this recipe without a bread machine?
Yes, you can make this recipe without a bread machine. Simply follow the instructions for mixing the ingredients and baking the bread in an oven-safe dish.
2. What are some common substitutions for ingredients in this recipe?
Some common substitutions for ingredients in this recipe include using all-purpose flour in place of whole wheat flour, butter in place of margarine, and sugar in place of honey.
3. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time. Simply prepare the dough according to the instructions and refrigerate it overnight. In the morning, shape the dough into loaves and bake as directed.