The Jamaican breadfruit run down is a dish made primarily of breadfruit, potatoes, and Jamaican spices. This dish is a delicious combination of flavors sure to tantalize your taste buds. The breadfruit is a type of fruit native to the Caribbean and a favorite of many because of its sweet and succulent flavor. It is also a good source of dietary fiber and vitamin C. The potatoes add a delicious and hearty texture to the dish, while the Jamaican spices give it a delicious flavor that is sure to tantalize your taste buds. This dish is a great way to enjoy delicious Jamaican flavors while satisfying your hunger.
How to make Jamaican Breadfruit Run Down
6 1/4 oz. smoked turkey wings
2 tablespoons oil
1 chopped onion
2 cloves garlic finely chopped
1 chopped bell pepper
3 chopped scallions with white and green parts separated
5 sprigs of fresh thyme
1 Scotch Bonnet pepper halved
1 small breadfruit peeled, cored and chopped
3 cups coconut milk
- Turkey wings should be boiled for 30 minutes to soften the meat.
- The wings can then be drained and reserved the liquid. Finally, the wings can be heated in oil in a deep skillet until the meat is softened.
- Sauteing turkey wings and thyme in a bit of butter adds a delicious depth of flavor to the dish. Wait for 2 minutes!
- Mix the breadfruit, coconut milk, and cooking liquid in a medium saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 1 hour, occasionally stirring, until the breadfruit is tender.
We are huge fans of smoked meat. It’s salty, fatty, and satisfying. We especially enjoy it when it’s paired with a spicy kick. For this recipe, I used a Scotch Bonnet pepper. This pepper is a bit spicy, so be careful not to over-use the salt. If you’re not a fan of spicy food, you can remove the pepper halfway through the cooking time. Or, you can make it less spicy by removing the pepper before cooking. This recipe is perfect for those days when you want something hearty and flavorful.
We highly recommend trying this one out. We guarantee you won’t be disappointed.