KFC Original Recipe Chicken Whole Wing is a very simple recipe with a couple of little twists. These are the perfect recipe for a hot summer barbecue or game day! The chicken whole wings take just 1 hour to cook and are ready in less than an hour.
Provided by: SmallRecipe.com
Categories: Main Course
Total time: 75 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
|1 whole chicken|
|1 ½ cups All-purpose flour|
|1 tablespoon Brown sugar|
|1 egg white, beaten|
|½ teaspoon Ground allspice|
|½ teaspoon Dried oregano|
|1 teaspoon Chili powder|
|1 teaspoon Paprika|
|2 teaspoons Onion salt|
|1 teaspoon Black pepper|
|½ teaspoon Celery salt|
|½ teaspoon Dried sage|
|½ teaspoon Garlic powder|
|½ teaspoon Dried basil|
|½ teaspoon Dried marjoram|
|1 tablespoon Kosher salt|
|1 quarts Neutral oil (for frying)|
- Add the spices to the all-purpose flour, salt, and brown sugar, and combine well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour and egg white. Roll the chicken pieces in the flour and egg white mixture.
- To dry the crust a bit, let the chicken pieces rest for 5 minutes.
- Prepare the deep fryer by preheating it to 350F and deep-frying the chicken pieces in batches. It typically takes 12-14 minutes to cook breasts and wings, and about 3-5 minutes more to cook legs and thighs.
- When the thickest part of the chicken meat is inserted into a meat thermometer, it should read 165F when golden brown.
- Serve the chicken hot after it has been taken out of the fryer and placed on a paper towel.
They said it couldn’t be done—but dare we say our homemade version of KFC™ fried chicken is better than the original recipe? We start with a flavorful combination of 11 spices you already have in your pantry and combined them with flour and brown sugar to create the makings of that savory KFC™ crunch you crave. After that, it doesn’t get any easier than dredging the chicken and frying it up in hot oil. If you’ve ever wondered how to make KFC™ chicken, the secret is here.
Provided by: SmallRecipe.com
Total time: 1 hours 0 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
|1 tablespoon paprika|
|2 teaspoons onion salt|
|1 teaspoon chili powder|
|1 teaspoon black pepper|
|1/2 teaspoon celery salt|
|1/2 teaspoon dried sage|
|1/2 teaspoon garlic powder|
|1/2 teaspoon ground allspice|
|1/2 teaspoon dried oregano|
|1/2 teaspoon dried basil|
|1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram|
|1 1/2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour|
|1 tablespoon brown sugar|
|1 tablespoon kosher salt|
|1 whole chicken (2 breasts, 2 thighs, 2 drumsticks, 2 wings)|
|1 egg white|
|2 quarts neutral oil, for frying|
- Preheat fryer to 350°F. Thoroughly mix together all spices.
- Combine spices with flour, brown sugar and salt.
- Dip chicken pieces in egg white to lightly coat them, then transfer to flour mixture. Turn a few times and make sure the flour mix is really stuck to the chicken. Repeat with all the chicken pieces.
- Let chicken pieces rest for 5 minutes so crust has a chance to dry a bit.
- Fry chicken in batches. Breasts and wings should take 12-14 minutes, and legs and thighs will need a few more minutes. Chicken pieces are done when a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part reads 165°F.
- Let chicken drain on a few paper towels when it comes out of the fryer. Serve hot.
Calories 418.0 , Carbohydrate 40.5 g, Cholesterol 27.8 mg, Fiber 2.5 g, Protein 15.4 g, Saturated Fat 2.5 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 1495.4 mg, Sugar 2.6 g