So I’m a HUGE Lord of the Rings fan. I HAD to post this lembas bread recipe.
Provided by: SmallRecipe.com
Categories: Sweet Breads
|2 1/2 cup(s) all purpose flour|
|1 tablespoon(s) baking powder|
|1/4 teaspoon(s) salt|
|1/2 cup(s) butter|
|1/3 cup(s) brown sugar|
|1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon|
|1/2 teaspoon(s) honey|
|2/3 cup(s) heavy whipping cream|
|1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract|
- Preheat oven to 425F. Mix the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Add the butter and mix with a well till fine granules (easiest way is with an electric mixer). Then add the sugar and cinnamon, and mix them thoroughly.
- Finally add the cream, honey, and vanilla and stir them in with a fork until a nice, thick dough forms.
- Roll the dough out about 1/2 in thickness. Cut out 3-inch squares and transfer the dough to a cookie sheet.Criss-cross each square from corner-to-corner with a knife, lightly (not cutting through the dough).
- Bake for about 12 minutes or more (depending on the thickness of the bread) until it is set and lightly golden.
- Let cool completely before eating, this bread tastes better room temperature and dry. Also for more flavor you can add more cinnamon or other spices