One of our classic recipes, refreshed! A little less sugar in both the filling and the topping highlights the tart apples. We prefer it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Provided by: SmallRecipe.com
Total time: 0 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
|7 to 8 large (9 cups) tart cooking apples, peeled, cored, sliced 1/4 inch|
|1/4 cup sugar|
|1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|2 cups all-purpose flour|
|3/4 cup sugar|
|2 large Land O Lakes® Eggs|
|2 teaspoons baking powder|
|1 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|3/4 teaspoon salt|
|2/3 cup Land O Lakes® Butter melted|
|Ice cream, if desired|
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Place sliced apples into ungreased 13×9-inch baking dish.
- Combine 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in bowl; sprinkle over apples.
- Combine flour, 3/4 cup sugar, eggs, baking powder, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and salt in bowl; mix until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over apples. Pour melted butter over topping. Bake 45-55 minutes or until lightly browned and apples are tender.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Calories 320 calories, Fat 11 grams, Saturated Fat grams, TransfatContent grams, Cholesterol 60 milligrams, Sodium 320 milligrams, Carbohydrate 54 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Sugar grams, Protein 4 grams
Apple crumble is one of those desserts all cooks should have in their back pockets. It’s a no-fuss favorite that works as well for dessert with a big scoop of ice cream as it does for breakfast with some plain, whole-milk yogurt. This recipe starts with a hefty crumb mixture, studded with pecans and old-fashioned rolled oats. Plenty of butter and sugar ensure the crumb stays crisp after baking, creating a delightful textural contrast between topping and tender fruit. Using a mix of sweet and tart apples that soften at slightly different rates also keeps this recipe interesting.
Provided by: SmallRecipe.com
Total time: 1 hours 10 minutes
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
|12 tablespoons/170 grams unsalted butter, melted, plus more for buttering the pan|
|1 1/2 cups/180 grams all-purpose flour|
|1 1/2 cup/300 grams packed dark brown sugar, divided|
|1 cup/80 grams old-fashioned rolled oats|
|1 cup/113 grams pecans, chopped|
|1 teaspoon kosher salt|
|3 1/2 pounds mixed apples, such as Granny Smith, Macintosh, and Pink Lady, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2-inch wedges (about 8 medium apples)|
|1 tablespoon ground cinnamon|
|2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice|
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 13-by-9-inch baking dish. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, 1 cup/200 grams of the brown sugar, oats, pecans and salt. Add the butter, and stir with a fork until the crumbs are evenly moistened.
- Add the apples to the buttered baking dish and toss with the remaining 1/2 cup/100 grams brown sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice. Spread the apples into an even layer. Press the crumb mixture together to create clumps of different sizes, and sprinkle on top of the apples. Transfer to the oven, and bake until the apples are tender and the crumb topping is crisp and deep golden brown, about 50 to 60 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Calories 504, UnsaturatedFat 12 grams, Carbohydrate 73 grams, Fat 23 grams, Fiber 7 grams, Protein 5 grams, Saturated Fat 10 grams, Sodium 201 milligrams, Sugar 45 grams, TransFat 1 gram
Is it easy to make an apple dessert?
Well, these super-easy apple desserts make pie look hard. Read on to get top-rated recipes for easy apple desserts you can make with very few ingredients and simple techniques, plus cooking tips so they turn out just right. Sliced apples and cinnamon are baked under a sweet and crunchy oatmeal topping.
What can I do with an apple?
Apple pies and turnovers, cakes, cobblers, and crisps: discover all you can do with America’s favorite dessert fruit. Cinnamon-spiced apples are baked with a sweet oat crumble topping in this easy apple crisp. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. A great dessert I came up with combining 2 favorites: apple crisp and cheesecake.
What to do with an apple crisp?
I live in apple country, and a delicious crisp is one good way to use them that doesn’t take a lot of time. It’s one of my favorite easy apple desserts. —Gertrude Bartnick, Portage, Wisconsin I received this recipe for baked apple dumplings with Mountain Dew from a friend of mine, then tweaked it to suit my family’s tastes.
What to do with Granny Smith apples?
Sliced apples and cinnamon are baked under a sweet and crunchy oatmeal topping. Serve warm from the oven with a scoop of ice cream on the side for a classic fall dessert. “Great recipe! I did not add the water, since I never add water to fruit crisp recipes. I mixed Granny Smith apples with Jonathan apples and the result was a delicious dessert.”