One of our classic recipes, refreshed! A little less sugar in both the filling and the topping highlights the tart apples. We prefer it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Provided by: SmallRecipe.com
Total time: 0 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
|7 to 8 large (9 cups) tart cooking apples, peeled, cored, sliced 1/4 inch|
|1/4 cup sugar|
|1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|2 cups all-purpose flour|
|3/4 cup sugar|
|2 large Land O Lakes® Eggs|
|2 teaspoons baking powder|
|1 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|3/4 teaspoon salt|
|2/3 cup Land O Lakes® Butter melted|
|Ice cream, if desired|
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Place sliced apples into ungreased 13×9-inch baking dish.
- Combine 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in bowl; sprinkle over apples.
- Combine flour, 3/4 cup sugar, eggs, baking powder, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and salt in bowl; mix until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over apples. Pour melted butter over topping. Bake 45-55 minutes or until lightly browned and apples are tender.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Calories 320 calories, Fat 11 grams, Saturated Fat grams, TransfatContent grams, Cholesterol 60 milligrams, Sodium 320 milligrams, Carbohydrate 54 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Sugar grams, Protein 4 grams
This applesauce is delicious! I make it for my younger brother all the time and he loves it — and he hates canned applesauce!
Provided by: SmallRecipe.com
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
|4 apples – peeled, cored and chopped|
|¾ cup water|
|¼ cup white sugar|
|½ teaspoon ground cinnamon|
- In a saucepan, combine apples, water, sugar, and cinnamon. Cover, and cook over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes, or until apples are soft. Allow to cool, then mash with a fork or potato masher.
Calories 120.8 calories, Carbohydrate 31.8 g, Fat 0.2 g, Fiber 3.5 g, Protein 0.4 g, Sodium 2.7 mg, Sugar 26.8 g
Can you make applesauce with McIntosh apples?
Consequently, McIntosh apples don’t require a lot of extras for homemade applesauce — just a few tablespoons of brown sugar and a bit of citric acid will do, making this an easy 3-ingredient recipe ( I don’t count water as an ingredient ). During McIntosh apple season (September), you’ll want to stock up and make this homemade applesauce.
What to do with Granny Smith apples?
Sliced apples and cinnamon are baked under a sweet and crunchy oatmeal topping. Serve warm from the oven with a scoop of ice cream on the side for a classic fall dessert. “Great recipe! I did not add the water, since I never add water to fruit crisp recipes. I mixed Granny Smith apples with Jonathan apples and the result was a delicious dessert.”
Can you cook baked apples in the oven?
It’s time to keep it simple and easy with this classic baked apple recipe. While you can definitely make this dish in the oven, I recommend going the faster route and trying it out in the microwave. With only 3 ingredients and 5 minutes in the kitchen, you’ll adore these baked apples!
What is the recipe for a McIntosh apple cake?
Ingredients 1 4 cups (4 apples) sliced McIntosh apples 2 2/3 cup packed brown sugar 3 1/2 cup all-purpose flour 4 1/2 cup oats 5 1/3 cup margarine, softened 6 1 teaspoon (s) ground cinnamon 7 1 teaspoon (s) ground nutmeg