Make and share this Mad Hatter Meatballs recipe from SmallRecipe.com.
Total time: 1 hours
Prep time: 0S
Cook time: 1 hours
Yield: 6 serving(s)
|1 tablespoon butter|
|1 green pepper, chopped|
|1 onion, minced|
|1 (10 1/2 ounce) can chicken and rice soup|
|1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup|
|1 cup water|
|1 lb ground beef|
|2 slices soft bread, torn into pieces|
|1/4 cup evaporated milk|
|1 teaspoon salt|
- Melt butter in skillet. Add green pepper and onion and cook until tender.
- Stir in soups and water. Heat to boiling. Then turn down heat and simmer sauce, stirring occasionally.
- While this sauce cooks, make meatballs. Beat egg slightly in bowl. Add ground beef, bread, evaporated milk and salt and mix well.
- Shape meat into balls about the size of ping-pong balls.
- Drop balls into simmering sauce and cook slowly about 1 hour, or until sauce has thickened.
Calories 281.4, Fat 15.9, Saturated Fat 6.6, Cholesterol 91.8, Sodium 840.2, Carbohydrate 16.1, Fiber 1.6, Sugar 5.7, Protein 18.4