Mediterranean roasted eggplant recipe with bacon, tomato and mozzarella and with grated cheddar on top is the perfect choice for a light and tasty appetizer. It is an easy recipe, it is made in a relatively short time and can be adapted according to everyone’s ideas or ingredients.
Provided by: SmallRecipe.com
Total time: 40 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
|2 pieces eggplants (large size)|
|2 pieces tomatoes (large, riped)|
|3 oz bacon (85 g, smoked)|
|4.2 oz mozzarella (120 g)|
|5.3 oz cheddar (150 g)|
|2 tsp sea salt (kosher)|
|1 tsp ground pepper (freshly ground)|
- With a knife, cut slices 1 cm thick, without peeling the eggplant, and place them scattered on a paper towel. Season the eggplant slices with sea salt and freshly ground pepper and let them sit for about 10 minutes.
- Chop the tomatoes, but first cut them in half and with a spoon, remove the core with seeds and use only the pulp from the tomatoes. Cut the mozzarella first in two and then slice it into not too thick slices, calculate so that it reaches one piece on all the eggplant slices. Bacon, if you have it whole or sliced, cut it into cubes. Grate the cheddar cheese on the large grater.
- Place the eggplant slices next to each other on the baking tray, without having to put baking paper. Drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil over each slice and divide the bacon cubes on them. Distribute the entire amount of chopped tomatoes over the smoked bacon and place on each slice of eggplant a piece of mozzarella. On top, put the last ingredient, the grated cheddar cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 200 C and bake the eggplant slices for about twenty minutes, until the cheddar cheese is melted and has a copper-coloured crust.
- I recommend serving fried eggplants while they are hot, as an appetizer, as such or with a slice of fresh bread and with a glass of cold beer.
ServingSize 1 grams, Calories 577 kcal, Carbohydrate 2 g, Protein 21 g, Fat 54 g, Saturated Fat 27 g, Cholesterol 111 mg, Sodium 2153 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 1 g
Grilled Eggplant is super easy and comes with a fantastic tahini dipping sauce.
Provided by: SmallRecipe.com
Categories: gluten-free,healthy,heart-healthy,vegetarian,dinner party,Summer,grilled,side dish
Total time: 45 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 0S
Yield: 4 servings
|1/2 c. extra-virgin olive oil|
|1 tsp. dried oregano|
|1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes|
|Freshly ground black pepper|
|2 large eggplants, sliced into 1/4″ rounds|
|1/4 c. crumbled feta|
|2 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley|
|Juice of 1/2 lemon|
|1/3 c. tahini|
|Juice of 1 lemon|
|2 tbsp. water|
|1 clove garlic, minced|
- Make eggplant: Heat grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. In a small bowl, combine oil, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Brush all over eggplants and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill eggplants until tender and slightly charred, about 3 minutes per side.
- Top grilled eggplants with feta and parsley, then squeeze lemon juice over.
- Make tahini dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk together tahini, lemon juice, water, and garlic. Season with salt. If dressing is too thick, add more water, a tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency.
- Serve eggplant warm with tahini dressing.