Mini caramel apple bites that are easy to make and perfect for fall treats.
Provided by: SmallRecipe.com
Total time: 10 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
|4 granny smith apples|
|1 11oz (0.42 kg) bag caramel bits/melts|
|2 Tablespoons water|
|Optional: Toppings such as sugar, sprinkles, chopped peanuts|
- Line a refrigerator-safe plate or cutting board with wax paper or parchment. Set aside.
- Using a metal teaspoon or melon baller, scoop teaspoon round balls out of the apple.
- Insert the candy sticks in the top and blot with a paper towel to remove excess moisture. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, slowly melt the caramels and water stirring constantly until smooth.
- Dip each apple into the caramel allowing the access to drip off. Dip in toppings if desired.
- Place on a prepared plate or cutting board and put in the refrigerator to set until you are ready to serve.
Calories 48 calories, Carbohydrate 12 grams carbohydrates, Cholesterol 0 milligrams cholesterol, Fat 0 grams fat, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 0 grams protein, Saturated Fat 0 grams saturated fat, ServingSize 1, Sodium 54 milligrams sodium, Sugar 11 grams sugar, TransFat 0 grams trans fat, UnsaturatedFat 0 grams unsaturated fat
How do you make caramel apples with a stick?
Insert the stick into the apple. Be careful not to puncture the stick through the other end. In a small pot, add caramel baking bits and heavy cream. Melt over low heat, stirring constantly until completely melted. Fill a small bowl with icy water. Set aside. Thoroughly dry the apple with a paper towel to remove excess moisture from the surface.
How do you make apple and milk caramel cookies?
Remove the stem from each apple and press a craft stick into the top. Butter a baking sheet. Place caramels and milk in a microwave safe bowl, and microwave 2 minutes, stirring once.
How to Cook Apple and caramel in microwave?
Place caramels and milk in a microwave safe bowl, and microwave 2 minutes, stirring once. Allow to cool briefly. Roll each apple quickly in caramel sauce until well coated. Place on prepared sheet to set. 324 calories; protein 3.5g; carbohydrates 69.6g; fat 5.6g; cholesterol 5mg; sodium 163.5mg. Full Nutrition
What is the best way to dip apples in caramel?
I melt the caramels in a 4 C pyrex cup, so that the apple fits down in the cup. This is the easiest way to dip that I have found (no wasted caramel). I give each child a square of wax paper and have them butter the square.