While Popcorn Sutton Moonshine is not available on the market, you are still able to make your own moonshine using Popcorn Sutton’s 100 year-old recipe.
Provided by: Craft Stills
|5 lbs of Sugar|
|4 gallons distilled water|
|2 1/2 lbs of coarse ground white cornmeal|
|1 small packet yeast (preferably Distiller’s Yeast)|
|1 gallon of malt (rye, corn or barley)|
- Add 1 gallon of water to the pot and bring it to boil.
- Add cornmeal cook at 165 °F. Don’t forget to stir occasionally.
- Remove the heat and let the cornmeal cool down to 150, °F.
- Once cooled to 150 °F, add the remaining water, then mix in the sugar and ground malt.
- Let it cool to under 90 °F.
- Transfer mixture into the fermenter and then add yeast.
- If you want to do an open-air fermentation, cover the fermentation bucket with an unbleached cheesecloth. If you want to do a regular fermentation, place the airtight lids on the bucket and insert the airlock.
- Let the mash ferment completely for about a week until no visible activity can be detected.
- Strain the mash using the cheesecloth to remove any solids that can burn during the distillation process.
- Distill the wash as normal.
ServingSize , Calories
How many recipes are there in the book moonshine?
The book contains basic recipes for mash (also for different mash quantities), infusions and spirits. The moonshine recipes are sorted alphabetically from A to Z, you will find more than 300 different recipes in this recipe collection. Each recipe contains special features and any deviations from the basic recipe.
How do you make moonshine?
Should end up at about 80 proof. Remove pulp from lemon and twist rind into the jar and leave in the jar. Place in the freezer, shake before drinking. A nice summertime treat. This recipe can be easily adjusted up or down with creamer and or sugar to get the taste you like. Experiment to create your moonshine recipes.
How to make moonshine from Peaches?
Support your local farmers and the fruits of their labor. We have listed a couple ways to make simple peach moonshine recipes. Remove pits and mash up the peaches in a 10 gallon stock pot then add 6 gallons of water. Put over heat until temperature comes up to 150F then add sugar. Keep stirring so solids don’t stick and burn to the bottom.
How to make moonshine from lemon rind?
Remove pulp from lemon and twist rind into the jar and leave in the jar. Place in the freezer, shake before drinking. A nice summertime treat. This recipe can be easily adjusted up or down with creamer and or sugar to get the taste you like. Experiment to create your moonshine recipes.