If you love fried chicken but need it "lighter", then try this recipe. It’s a great balance of healthy and flavor. Look forward to hearing comments on how to make it better!
Total time: 45 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 pieces, 2 serving(s)
|4 pieces chicken, bone in. skin on|
|1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs|
|1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk|
|3 tablespoons dry ranch dressing mix (or other seasoning)|
|1 large egg|
|1 large egg white|
|1/2 teaspoon garlic salt|
- 1. Place 4 thawed pieces of chicken in a Ziploc bag. Add one tablespoon of Ranch dressing mix(or other seasoning as desired) to bag and shake in order to coat chicken. Add 1/2 cup of low-fat buttermilk to Ziploc. Remove excess air and close bag. Let refrigerate overnight. (This step can be skipped if time is an issue. Skip to step 2.
- 2. When chicken is marinated, set up the dipping bowls.
- 1st Bowl-1 egg and one egg white (Whisked well).
- 2nd Bowl- 1/2 Cup Bread Crumbs mixed with 2 tablespoons of dry Ranch Dressing mix (or other seasoning) and 1/2 teaspoon of garlic salt.
- Spray the 4" rack (3" if using Elite) generously with cooking spray. This prevents the coating from sticking to rack.
- 3. Let milk drip off pieces and beginning one at a time, roll them in the egg mix. Once covered, move piece to breading bowl.
- 4. Put one piece at a time in breading bowl and shake around until well-covered.
- 5. Place chicken on 4" rack (3" if using Elite) with the main skin sides down. Spray chicken generously with butter cooking spray. This will allow the chicken to crisp up and keep crumbs from flying around in the oven.
- 6. Set for 15 minutes at Power Level High (350 degrees for Elite) and start. When done, flip pieces over and set for another 15 minutes at Power Level High. If you desire crispier chicken, set the Elite for 375 degrees.
- *It is important to remove the dome as soon as the timer beeps. This will keep the chicken from getting soggy from all of the steam.
Calories 608, Fat 34.5, Saturated Fat 10.1, Cholesterol 245.4, Sodium 465.3, Carbohydrate 23.2, Fiber 1.3, Sugar 4.8, Protein 47.9
! They’re the perfect complement to virtually any entrée for you and your sweetheart.
Provided by: SmallRecipe.com
Total time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
|1 1/2 pounds Russet potatoes cut into quarters|
|1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 tablespoon fresh thyme minced|
|1 tablespoon oregano minced|
|1 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaves minced|
|Salt and pepper to taste|
- 1. Place potato quarters in large bowl and toss with olive oil until lightly coated. 2. Add seasonings to bowl and toss until thoroughly coated. 3. Place potatoes on 4-inch rack and bake on Power Level HI for 10 minutes. 4. Flip potatoes and cook for additional 10 minutes. 5. Serve with your favorite chicken, beef or fish.
Calories 193 calories, Fat 6.63785688319054 g, Carbohydrate 31.0808404727045 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fiber 2.43373772069107 g, Protein 3.70269793602468 g, Saturated Fat 0.940031928517806 g, ServingSize 1 1 Serving (177g), Sodium 27.1740835002032 mg, Sugar 28.6471027520134 g, TransFat 0.22328725874057 g