Fall Baking Recipe Magazine Contest 2010 Winner
Cinnamon, apples and peaches – oh my! The epitome of a fabulous fall dessert, this recipe goes together in just three easy steps.
Provided by: SmallRecipe.com
Total time: 1 hours 0 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
|3 cups sliced peeled Golden Delicious apples (about 3 medium)|
|2 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches (about 3 medium)|
|1/4 cup granulated sugar|
|1/2 cup old-fashioned oats|
|1/2 cup packed brown sugar|
|1/4 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour|
|1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1/4 cup cold butter or margarine|
|1/4 cup chopped walnuts|
- Heat oven to 375°F. Grease 11×7-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish with shortening or cooking spray.
- In large bowl, toss apples, peaches and granulated sugar. Pour into baking dish. In same bowl, mix oats, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter, using pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through ingredients in opposite directions), until mixture is crumbly. Stir in walnuts. Sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake 30 minutes or until topping is golden and fruit is tender. Cool 15 minutes. Serve warm.
Calories 310 , Carbohydrate 48 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Fat 2 1/2 , Fiber 3 g, Protein 3 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 85 mg, Sugar 36 g, TransFat 0 g
When apple season hits but peaches still linger at the market, it’s time for a standout condiment to round out a main course or dessert.
Provided by: SmallRecipe.com
Total time: 35 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 Servings
|2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, each cut into 8 wedges|
|2 ripe peaches, each cut into 8 wedges|
|2 tablespoons sugar|
|¼ teaspoon ground cardamom|
|¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|¼ teaspoon ground ginger|
|¼ teaspoon kosher salt|
|3 tablespoons unsalted butter|
|½ cup apple cider|
|1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice|
- Toss apples, peaches, sugar, cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, and salt in a medium bowl. Heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high. Once butter is melted, add fruit mixture and cook, tossing occasionally, until fruit is golden brown and caramelized, 5–7 minutes.
- Add cider to skillet, reduce heat to low, and bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally and adding splashes of water if liquid reduces too quickly, until juices are syrupy and fruit is tender, 15–20 minutes. Let cool slightly, then stir in lemon juice.
- Do Ahead: Compote can be made 3 days ahead. Let cool; cover and chill. Gently reheat before serving, if desired.
How to make a peach and apple pie?
Steps to Make It. 1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line 9″ pie pan with one crust of Refrigerated Pie Crust. 2. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, tapioca, cinnamon, and apple and peach slices and mix gently to coat the fruit. 3. Sprinkle corn flakes in the bottom of the pie crust, and fill with apple-peach mixture.
How to make a peach apple Galette recipe?
Try this easy and delicious peach apple galette recipe. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pie crust to a rough 12 inch circle. Toss together the peaches, apples, sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Dump into the center of the circle, leaving a 2-inch edge.
How do you make apple-peach crisp?
Make a delicious apple-peach crisp recipe in under an hour. Serve with ice cream or on its own – either way, it’s delicious! Preheat oven to 375 degrees; grease a pie dish or a 11 x 7 glass dish. Toss apples and peaches together in a bowl with the granulated sugar and put in baking dish. Combine all remaining dry ingredients in a bowl.
How to make peach mango applesauce?
Peach mango applesauce is a popular flavor in the grocery stores. You can make your own. Cut the one large mango or two small mangoes into cubes and add right to the applesauce along with the other fruit. The sweetness of the mango is a great addition to the sauce, making it sweeter without having to add sugar.