Looking for a fun and easy holiday treat such as New Year or Christmas This peanut butter ball recipe is perfect! You can homemade with just four ingredients, these bite-sized balls are coated in chocolate and make a delicious sweet snack. From classic peanut butter balls to chocolate peanut butter balls, we’ve got a recipe for everyone. Whether you’re a fan of the classic peanut butter and jelly combination or want to try something new, we’ve got the perfect recipe for you. let’s go making peanut butter balls together with Smallrecipe!
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Powdered Sugar
- Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- Vegetable Shortening or Coconut Oil (optional)
- Mix the peanut butter and softened butter together in a mixing bowl. Gradually stir in powdered sugar until fully combined. Cover and place in the fridge for about 15 minutes to firm up.
- Using your hands, shape the dough into 1-inch balls. Place the balls on a baking sheet, cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes (this will hold it's shape for dipping).
- Melt the chocolate chips according to package instructions.
- Using a fork, dip the peanut butter balls one at a time into the melted chocolate. Allow the excess chocolate to fall off. Place the chocolate balls onto wax paper, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Types of peanut butter balls
There are many types of peanut butter balls. Some are made with cream cheese, some with chocolate, and some with butterscotch. There are also peanut butter balls that are made with a combination of these ingredients.
The most popular type of peanut butter ball is the one made with cream cheese. This recipe is very easy to make and only requires four ingredients: cream cheese, peanut butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. The balls are rolled in chopped nuts or cocoa powder for extra flavor and texture.
Another popular type of peanut butter ball is the chocolate peanut butter ball. This recipe is made with creamy peanut butter, semisweet chocolate chips, and unsalted butter. The balls are rolled in confectioners’ sugar or chopped nuts before they are refrigerated.
Can You Freeze Peanut Butter Balls?
Yes, you can freeze peanut butter balls. Peanut butter balls are a great make-ahead treat for parties or snacks. Simply place them on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper and freeze for about an hour. Once frozen, transfer to a freezer bag or container. When ready to enjoy, let the balls thaw for about 15 minutes before eating.
Tips for how to make Peanut Butter Ball
There’s no wrong way to make a peanut butter ball, but following a few simple tips will help ensure yours are as delicious as can be.
- First, start with high-quality peanut butter. It may be tempting to use the cheapest option available, but trust us, it’s not worth it. The better the peanut butter, the better your balls will taste.
- Next, be sure to mix the peanut butter and other ingredients thoroughly before rolling the mixture into balls. If you don’t, you’ll end up with uneven balls that are either too dense or too crumbly. Not ideal.
- Finally, don’t be afraid to get creative with your flavorings and coatings. Peanut butter balls are delicious plain, but they’re even better when dipped in chocolate or rolled in chopped nuts or shredded coconut.
Whether you’re looking for a new holiday treat or a simple snack, these peanut butter balls are perfect. Made with just a few ingredients, they’re easy to make and can be tailored to your taste. Keep reading for the recipe and answers to some common questions.
What kind of peanut butter should I use?
You can use any type of peanut butter you like for this recipe, but we recommend using a smooth variety. If you use crunchy peanut butter, your balls may not stick together as well.
Can I substitute another type of nut butter?
Yes, you can! If you have a peanut allergy or simply don’t like peanuts, feel free to substitute another type of nut butter. almond butter works well in this recipe.
I don’t have time to roll the balls individually.