Perfect for a Sunday dinner or your holiday feast, this Grilled Whole Chicken with Sausage & Apple Stuffing is packed with savory fall flavors. A generous rub in sweet ‘n tangy Pit Boss Tennessee Apple Butter combined with the fruity smoke of Applewood pellets creates a mouthwateringly crispy and flavorful skin.
1 gallon Basic Brine
1 yellow onion
1 head of garlic
3 celery stalks
2 tbsp peanut oil
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp black pepper
1 whole chicken (About 4 pounds)
Brine the chicken in the refrigerator for at least four hours and overnight if possible.
Roughly chop the orange, onion, celery and garlic.
Remove the chicken from the brine, rinse with cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
Stuff the chicken with the orange, onion, celery and garlic.
Rub the chicken skin with peanut oil and lightly season with salt and pepper.
Tightly truss the bird with twine.
Set your pellet grill to 275F using hickory wood pellets.
Smoke the bird, breast side up, for 2.5 hours or until the breast is 165F and the thighs are 175-185F.
Calories 275 kcal, ServingSize 1 servin
A whole chicken is brined, stuffed with aromatics and then smoked at 275F until done.
Pit Boss Pellet Grill Whole Chicken Recipe
Smoking a chicken on a Pit Boss Pellet Grill is lots of fun and comes with some great results. It is relatively easy, mess-free, and doesn’t take too long.
Provided by: SmallRecipe.com
Categories: Main Meal
Total time: 165 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 150 minutes
|1 whole chicken|
|2 tbsp olive oil|
|4 tbsp rub of choice (pre made or home made)|
- Prepare your chicken.
- Preheat the Pit Boss.
- Put the chicken breast side up on the preheated pellet grill.
- Let it smoke until the internal temp of the breast is 165 F and the thighs are 180 F (about 2.5 hours of cooking time).
- Cook chicken breast side up for the entire cook.
- To make sure it is fully smoked, the leg and chicken thigh should easily twist and almost come off.
- Let the chicken rest for 10-15 minutes and cover with foil.
- When you’re ready to eat, remove it from the grill and start serving!
Calories 170 kcal, ServingSize 1 serving
Write about pit boss recipes:
Pit bosses are the heart and soul of any barbecue restaurant. They not only oversee the cooking but also develop the recipes that make their barbecue stand out from the rest. In this article, we’ll take a look at some of the recipes that pit bosses use to create their signature dishes.
Pit boss dinner ideas:
Pit bosses are the Grillmasters of the barbecue world. The key to their success is a well-stocked repertoire of go-to recipes that please a crowd. Here are some of our favorite pit boss dinner ideas.
For the meat lover, try a grilled steak with all the fixings. Start with a good quality cut of beef, like ribeye or New York strip. Season it generously with salt and pepper, then grill over high heat until it reaches the desired level of doneness. Serve with roasted potatoes and grilled vegetables for a complete meal.
For those who like things on the sweeter side, try BBQ chicken quarters glazed with your favorite sauce. We like to use a sticky, sweet-and-spicy sauce for this one.
Pit boss recipes for beginners:
Pit boss recipes are a great way to get started with smoking meats. They are simple and easy to follow, and they produce great results. Here are three pit boss recipes for beginners that will help you get started smoking meats like a pro.
1. Basic Brisket: This recipe is perfect for those who are new to smoking meats. It is simple and straightforward, and it produces excellent results. All you need is a brisket, some seasonings, and your pit boss smoker.
2. Smoked Pork Butt: This recipe is another great option for those who are new to smoking meats. It is easy to follow and produces delicious results. All you need is a pork butt, some seasonings, and your pit boss smoker.
3. Smoked Chicken: This recipe is perfect for those who want to try something different than beef or pork.
In conclusion, the recipes in this article can help any pit boss make great food and healthy. With a little creativity and some planning, these recipes can be used to create amazing meals that will impress anyone. With a little practice, anyone can become a master of the grill.