Make and share this Potato Boats recipe from SmallRecipe.com.
Total time: 1 hours 15 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours
Yield: 8 serving(s)
|8 large potatoes|
|1/3 cup margarine or 1/3 cup butter|
|1/2 cup milk|
|1/2 cup sour cream|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 teaspoon pepper|
|2 tablespoons melted butter|
|1/3 cup chives, diced|
|cheddar cheese, for topping|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Scrub potatoes.
- rub with a little vegetable oil to make skins softer.
- Pierce skin with fork to allow steam to escape.
- Bake at 400 degrees until tender for about 50 to 60 minutes.
- Cool potatoes for 10 minutes.
- Cut potato in half and carefully scoop out pulp, leaving shells intact.
- In a large bowl, mash potatoes using a potato masher to remove lumps.
- Heat margarine and milk until margarine melts and beat into potatoes.
- Beat in sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Spoon into potato shells and brush with melted butter.
- Top each potato with cheddar cheese and chives.
- Place in oven until cheese melts on top.
Calories 381.7, Fat 10.4, Saturated Fat 4.7, Cholesterol 17.2, Sodium 401.6, Carbohydrate 65.8, Fiber 8.2, Sugar 3.4, Protein 8.4
Meet the Cook: Back when I was teaching elementary school (I’m now a busy stay-at-home mom to our two youngsters, 7 and 2), my class would put together a Mother’s Day cookbook. Many of the dishes are still my favorites – this one included.
-Linda Wheeler, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Provided by: SmallRecipe.com
Categories: Side Dishes
Total time: 01 hours 40 minutes
Prep time: 01 hours 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings.
|4 large baking potatoes (8 to 10 ounces each)|
|2 tablespoons butter|
|1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided|
|1/4 to 1/3 cup milk|
|1 pound ground beef|
|1 small onion, chopped|
|6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled|
|1/2 cup sour cream|
|1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese|
- Wash potato skins and prick with a fork. Bake at 400° for 60-70 minutes or until tender; cool. Cut a thin slice off the top of each potato. Carefully scoop out the pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell. In a large bowl, mash the pulp with butter, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper and milk; set aside. , In a large saucepan cook the beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Cool 10 minutes. Add bacon, sour cream and remaining salt. , Spoon into potato shells. Top each with a fourth of the mashed potato mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Place potatoes on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Calories 428 calories, Fat 28g fat (15g saturated fat), Cholesterol 109mg cholesterol, Sodium 1091mg sodium, Carbohydrate 14g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 27g protein.